cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CUBEIDE delete all of my files and folder

STria
Associate II

When I try to create stm32 project using CUBEIDE, I accidentally click "cancel". Then CUBEIDE delete the folder generated by them which it is good. After that, it delete all of my files inside one higher level parent directory. WTF!! This is severe bug. Also it can't be restored easily (nothing in recycle bin). Don't ask about using recovery program, some file is already corrupted (I already try it)

Imagine that you create file on C:\, does it will delete all of my files in drive C: how severe it is..��

23 REPLIES 23

I will try to reproduce the issue again as soon as I am free. I will post it as soon as possible.

Ixox
Associate II

This just happened to me a second time.

My saturday afternoon of work all LOST !

I would say 4 or 5 houres !!

Once again, code generation -> error -> EACH SINGLE FILES OF THE PROJECT FOLDER has been deleted.

The ioc file is recreated !!!!!

Ixox
Associate II

I found a way to reproduce almost everytime time.

I open stm32cubeide with my project.

I edit the cubemx (ioc) file, for example i remove a global interupt on a USART.

Than just after, i directly clik on the hammer ('build' config).

Then a popup shows up asking if i want to generate code. I Just click yest =>>>>> The drama happens.

JJug
Associate II

Hi Markus, check my problem here.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Ap1NYTSQ2/bug-stm32cubeide-deleted-all-my-source-code-generate-code-on-imported-project

I did uninstal 1.7.0 manualy and then tried to build solution. IDE (1.0.2) then asked me to install back 1.7.0 and after that I got message that Ixox posted screenshot up there. After that the code was lost.

I have an update regarding the FW update issue as it seems the MX team has found a way to reproduce the problem and they're working towards fixing it in an upcoming release.

I got exactly the same message and then BOOM... ��

I hope this will be solved as soon as possible.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Sounds lacking firmware packs at a time may have lead to such behavior pain. Definitively a bug.

Sounds some improvements have been done fixing such issue Thanks STM32CubeIDE V1.1.0 just released on st.com

ABucs.1
Associate II

This was happens to me as well; I started today STM32Cube1.2.1 and try to start a new project in my software directory. Due to some proxy settings, the application hangs when try to download STM32L4 pack. As a result all files and folders from software were deleted!!! Just 2 files remain there .project and an ioc file.

I have no recent backup so i assume I lost all projects....

Very serious bug! I'm not sure if I'll continue using STM32Cube IDE.

I'm very disappointed ST!

ABucs.1
Associate II

I've lost all my files and folders from software directory by using for 1'st time STMCubeIDE V1.2.1 by trying to create a new project.

All Keil works gone!

It's a very severe bug! :(

Hope you have backup. Do not restart computer, create a project folder with identical name as your lost project, inside create main.c file, then go to file history tab in windows explorer and check if windows backed up your main.c. This only works with Windows 10 and only if you had file history enabled. It saved me month of work.

They should realy fix this by now.