cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcu.PinXXX parameters - What do they represent? And are they documented?

JLemi
Associate III

Hello,

Doing a "git diff" on my project IOC file notably highlights these changes:

-Mcu.Pin6=PA2

-Mcu.Pin7=PA3

+Mcu.Pin6=PA0

+Mcu.Pin7=PA1

Looking at the IOC file, I do not think that these Mcu.PinXXX parameters define the actual pin name associated with a physical pin number.

So I am wondering what these Mcu.PinXXX parameters represent. And an even more important question: where are all STM32CubeMX IOC file parameters documented by ST? Googling them leads to no results.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @JLemi​ ,

Thanks for your question,

In fact, the Mcu.PinX=PA2 represents the assignment order of this pin to the signal chosen, for example if you create a new empty project then you have set the PA2 to GPIO_Output , you will get Mcu.Pin0=PA2 in your ioc file, etc..

Actually, there is no document that explains these details, but don't hesitate to give your suggest about this regards under the Idea Zone, we even encourage you to come up with any idea that suits you and that you think is missing in ST Tools, your ideas are always interesting and welcome 🙂

Hope my answer helped you, When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @JLemi​ ,

Thanks for your question,

In fact, the Mcu.PinX=PA2 represents the assignment order of this pin to the signal chosen, for example if you create a new empty project then you have set the PA2 to GPIO_Output , you will get Mcu.Pin0=PA2 in your ioc file, etc..

Actually, there is no document that explains these details, but don't hesitate to give your suggest about this regards under the Idea Zone, we even encourage you to come up with any idea that suits you and that you think is missing in ST Tools, your ideas are always interesting and welcome 🙂

Hope my answer helped you, When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

JLemi
Associate III

Many thanks. The naming "Mcu.PinXXX" seems rather poorly chosen for what you describe. Best regards.