cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable 48MHz HSE on STM32F446RE Nucelo

TimMcGilly
Associate II

On the board page nucleo-f446re it mentions a specific feature of board is a 48MHz HSE. However in STM32CubeIDE I only have the option to set the HSE up to 26MHz. How do I go about enabling the 48MHz HSE or could you point me in the direction of any additional documentation?

I want to use 48MHz HSE for a more accurate clock for time synchronisation.0693W00000QLuakQAD.png

8 REPLIES 8
MM..1
Chief II

Reconfig to external HSE ...

0693W00000QLuq9QAD.png

Thank you, would this be selecting bypass clock source? Also does this mean adding a crystal to X3 on the board or should the board already have a HSE?

0693W00000QLvHoQAL.pngRead OSC clock chapter of UM1724 for your options.

The usual thing to do is to get the STLinkV2 output 8MHz and feed it as external clock into HSE input of the target, then use PLL to generate whatever system frequency you want. If you desire to connect an external 48MHz oscillator, you have to configure the solder bridges respectively.

JW

PS. @Amel NASRI​ , can the text on the web please fixed, thanks.

The HSE comes from an 8 MHz generated via the ST-LINK on the board via that's PA8 MCO pin.

It's doesn't support 48 MHz crystals. It needs an external oscillator (XO), like a TCXO, OCXO, etc. to generate 26 to 50 MHz frequencies as direct input signals to OSC_IN

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Simply HSE have two pins mode crystal max 26M and one pin mode clock input with max 50MHz.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you is fine but here not required, Select as best is cooler