cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Resolve Clock Issues

etheory
Senior

Hi there!

Is there a way to permanently disable the resolve clock issues feature of STM32CubeIDE-1.7.0? I've tried saying "No" and remember my options, but the interface just completely ignores me and does it anyway. It's utterly infuriating. Is there a preferences option somewhere I can set?

Is there a setting somewhere to disable this feature? It's frustrating as it keeps trashing my settings before I can fix them manually.

As it stands, it basically makes the .ioc view editor unusable. Since sometimes it just gets stuck updating clock frequencies even when you explicitly ask it not to, and it can very quickly ruin a configuration.

Regards,

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Same for me ! I couldn't reproduce your reported issue.

The only possible way to disable automatic clock issues solver is by clicking on "No" when this window pop up.

You can also check "Remember my decision for next projects" if you don't want CubeMX to solve your clock issues anymore.

0693W00000DlpwWQAR.png 

If you don't have any other related questions, please make this one as "resolved".

Thank you for your contribution @etheory​  !

Mouadh.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mouadh JERIDI
Associate III

Hello @etheory​ 

Thank you for your post.

Could you please share your ioc file with me ?

Thanks,

Mouadh.

Hi @Mouadh JERIDI​ thank you for the response.

I just tried to reproduce the issue but am having difficulty doing so.

I will try a few more times over the next few days and send through a repro when I find one.

Thank you.

I will be here for you.

Thank you for helping to improve our products @etheory​  !

Mouadh.

Thank you @Mouadh JERIDI​.

Back to my original question however, is there a setting in the interface where I can disable automatic clock resolution?

Ideally I'd like a preference setting where I can disable it, since it's never useful to me.

I need to do a lot of fine control over my clock settings, and any nudging or changing that the interface does automatically is a disaster for me.

I'll continue to hunt for examples, but I tried to repro it a few times and it still isn't happening.

Regards,

etheory

Same for me ! I couldn't reproduce your reported issue.

The only possible way to disable automatic clock issues solver is by clicking on "No" when this window pop up.

You can also check "Remember my decision for next projects" if you don't want CubeMX to solve your clock issues anymore.

0693W00000DlpwWQAR.png 

If you don't have any other related questions, please make this one as "resolved".

Thank you for your contribution @etheory​  !

Mouadh.

Hi @Mouadh JERIDI​,

My best guess is that the issue I had was limited to a single session of STM32CubeIDE.

Subsequent sessions I've not been able to replicate the issue on.

So I will mark this as solved for the moment, and re-open if I get a reliable repro.

(speaking of which, how do I mark a topic as "resolved"? I can't see any button to do it)

Thanks.