cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install X-CUBE-SMBUS extension to STM32CubeIDE

Eqqman
Associate III

Hello-

When using Cube and doing Help->Manage Embedded Software->ST Microelectronics, the X-CUBE-SMBUS package does not appear in the list, even when doing a refresh of available packages. I downloaded the archive from https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-smbus.html but when attempting "From Local" the tool says it doesn't recognize the contents of the file. How can this package get installed then?

An alternative is getting a clear example of how to use the files when I just include them by hand. There is an example for the STM32L0538-Discovery but it's an "everything all at once" design and has so much conditional compilation going on it's hard to tell what is supposed to be happening if you just want a host to do simple read/write operations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

i @Eqqman​,

A similar question is already asked here.

I advise you to take a look at the X-CUBE-SMBUS - STM32Cube SMBus/PMBus embedded software (AN4502).

I let our STM32CubeMX expert @Semer CHERNI​ to investigate concerning this " the X-CUBE-SMBUS package does not appear in the list, even when doing a refresh of available packages."

Thak you for your contribution

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

i @Eqqman​,

A similar question is already asked here.

I advise you to take a look at the X-CUBE-SMBUS - STM32Cube SMBus/PMBus embedded software (AN4502).

I let our STM32CubeMX expert @Semer CHERNI​ to investigate concerning this " the X-CUBE-SMBUS package does not appear in the list, even when doing a refresh of available packages."

Thak you for your contribution

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.