cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Atollic with CubeMX 5.0.0 non-responsive

Just upgraded to STCubeMX v5 which appeared to successfully open a project I just started. After agreeing to the annoying "Project has been changed, do you want to save" pop-up, Atollic became non-responsive. Is this a known bug? You have coded a race condition between the timer pop-up and the main GUI thread...

PS: "Update" from previous version of STcubeMX failed (lots of downloading and thrashing, error message flashed quickly onscreen, no installation). I had to deinstall the plug-in and then install the new version after manually downloading from ST site.

PPS: Restarting Atollic, STCubeMX seems functional...

PPS: Just repeated this problem. I was working in SPI configuration when annoying question popped up, I clicked "Save", and Atollic IDE went non-responsive. There's a race condition bug between the pop-up and editing...

0690X000006CSCcQAO.png

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Markus GIRDLAND​ - Do I need to open a ticket on this bug?

Anybody looking at it?

Thanks!

WBOUG
Senior

hi @Dave Nadler​ 

can you please give me more details about your problem...

Best Regards,

Wael

@WBOUG​ - Here's the info:

Atollic TrueSTUDIO® for STM32, Built on Eclipse Neon.1a. Version: 9.1.0 Build id: 20181011-1241

While editing configuration in CubeMX plug-in, the annoying "Do you want to save" pop-up pops.

If you click "Yes" to the pop-up (again, while editing), the GUI becomes non-responsive.

You have coded a race condition in CubeMX, such that:

iff editing is active in the fore-ground, and the annoying pop-up pops, and the user clicks "Yes",

then the GUI may deadlock.

Hope that is completely clear!

Thanks,

Best Regards, Dave

WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Dave Nadler​ 

Can you please give me your ioc file to test on my behalf and I will come back right away...

Best regards

Wael

@WBOUG​  - IOC attached...

WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Dave Nadler​ 

I will test on my behalf and I will get back to you immediately

Best Regards,

Wael.

WBOUG
Senior

Hi @Dave Nadler​ 

As I already tell you that I will test your problem on my part after having your ioc

I want to tell you that you do not have a problem because it is functional.

So I advise you to uninstall your CubeMX version and re-install again and do not forget to do "check for STM32CubeMx and embedded software package" to have the firmware F4.

I will be at your disposal for any other questions.

Do not hesitate to contact me if needed.

Best Regards,

Wael.

@WBOUG​ - What are you talking about?

"I want to tell you that you do not have a problem because it is functional." makes absolutely no sense.

No, I am not going to reinstall the software. Are you going to tell me to reinstall Windows next?

Once again, there is a race condition between editing and the annoying pop-up code.

Because it is a race condition, the bug will not always nor immediately present.

The locking mechanism between editing and the pop-up needs to be fixed

to prevent the sporadic deadlock when "Yes" is clicked.

Please provide this bug report to a more senior engineer who can understand this.

Thanks!

Best Regards, Dave

PS: @Markus GIRDLAND​ , are you able to help here?

@Dave Nadler​ - Don't have a computer to test this on currently, but will hopefully get it back before the end of the day. Do you know of a way to recreate it more reliably? Or perhaps it does happen often enough that I probably get it after a few tries?

And just to clarify, this is TS 9.1 with MX 5.0 plugin?