cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break address 0x1fff5088 - STM32G474E-EVAL before debug session starts

NStei.2
Associate II

Hello experts,

i am stuck with a question i have on debug side. I started a clean MCU project for the EVAL board above - nothing inside. After compiling with no error and trying to enter debub mode picture1 appears shortly (keeps open) and the debug cursor jumps to HAL_Init() as i expect. And program working fine. But what does this break address in the beginning mean? How can i solve this issue? Picture 2 discribes the short visible view in Disassembly

0693W00000QKaIeQAL.png 

0693W00000QKaJ8QAL.png 

Please someone can support since i really want to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Nils

7 REPLIES 7
NStei.2
Associate II

Occurs also without debug mode if i use the Run command

Would check if BOOT0 is switched or jumpered to HIGH, or equivalent Option Byte Settings.

The ROM firmware may also cause this if the device boots with blank flash memory, in which case you'll need to power-cycle, rather than reset, the board for it to run code from flash.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
NStei.2
Associate II

Hello @Community member​ ,

thank you for the hint. I found this discription below. It was initial in default state - i changed it to state 1. Still this error occurs. Any idea?0693W00000QKaaiQAD.png

Well setting it HIGH assures it will enter the ROM, in the Default settings it can enter the ROM if the FLASH has no usable vector table at 0x08000000. For normal operation you want the default setting.

Make sure your code starts at the base of FLASH, not deeper into it.

You have to cycle power to get it out of the current state, so if it flags as having no content a reset is not sufficient to recover.

Watch also what memory is mapped at Zero, and what the SCB->VTOR points too.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
NStei.2
Associate II

@Community member​ Thanks - i useded it in normal mode whole time so i hope this was fine. Supply reset i did after change.

How do i check if my code starts at base FLASH? Sorry for this dumb questions. You dont need to answer if i am to nooby.

I just use an empty program - STMcubeMX -> select my board -> clean project -> build working fine -> starting debugging or running the error above occurs BUT the program itself is working. Even if i put a LED toggling script it works. This occurs only while loading.

Watch also what memory is mapped at Zero, and what the SCB->VTOR points too:

0693W00000QKatkQAD.png 

Here you finde the mapping.

I do not know if this question is allowed here - but if possible a support session i would appreciate (otherwise delete this)

Any possiblity this help you to analyze my problem? I can also share project, but it seems it occurs on nearly every project - also with NUCLEO H7A3ZI i tried. Not same error but different address.

Thanks!

Nils

NStei.2
Associate II

I checked also with debugger in System Init but it seems this error occurs before systeminit

NStei.2
Associate II

Ok i could solve this error by changing the Resetbehavior from "ConnectunderReset" to below. Any idea? Sorry for this spamming but this goes really out of my horizont

0693W00000QKavCQAT.png