cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Clock Setting in ST Cube MX for STM32H742VGT

TA1
Associate III

Dear all,

I used STM323H742VGT in one of my cards and I would like to configure it with ST Cube MX V6.5.0. According to the reference manual ADC clock source and pre-scaler can be set using ADCx_CCR register.

I would like to use asynchronous clock source which is adc_ker_ck_input. However, I couldn't find any setting in ADC section of CubeMX. There aren’t any settings also for pre-scaler. I am familiar with STM32F7 and I could select pre-scaler over Cube MX.

On the other hand, ADC_Clock is not enabled in Clock Configuration page in Cube MX. I don't know why. Normally, if I set a peripheral, related clock is enabled and I can change parameters in Clock configuration page.

I added some screen shuts and if you can help me, it would be great. If I cannot set in ST cube MX, I need to write driver for it. I prefer ST Cube MX should do it for me. I may miss one thing to set and spend days to figure out.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @TA​,

The issue regarding the missing ADC pre-scaler settings is also reported internally. We apologize for the inconvenience, it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Internal ticket number: 124655 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

In the meantime, you can refer to the firmware examples for NUCLEO-H743ZI for reference code.

If you still have questions regarding the issue, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @TA​ ,

Thank you for your feedback,

This is a known issue and is already reported to the dev team to be fixed. Please refer to this link for more details.

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TA1
Associate III

0693W00000NpgvIQAR.pngDear ABRIG

Thank you very much for the information. I understood the known issue is about ADC_Clock(+ADC Mux) in Clock configuration page of Cube MX. What about ADC clock source selection and pre-scaler. There is not any setting in ADC Settings under Pinout&Configuration page. According to Reference Manual, we can select asynchronous or synchronous clock source by setting CKMODE bits in ADCx_CCR register. This should be set in ADC Settings of Cube MX and if asynchronous clock input is selected, pre-scaler should be set as well (PRESC[3:0] bits of ADCx_CCR).

Can you provide a sample code or driver which is about RCC and ADC settings in code level while Cube Mx will be fixed. I believe Cube MX cannot generate correct code for it. To be honest I can develop such code but H7 is complex comparing F4/F7 series.There are 3 power domains and so on. ADC1 and 2 are in the same domain and ADC3 is in another domain. I don't want to miss any settings.

Regards

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @TA​,

The issue regarding the missing ADC pre-scaler settings is also reported internally. We apologize for the inconvenience, it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Internal ticket number: 124655 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

In the meantime, you can refer to the firmware examples for NUCLEO-H743ZI for reference code.

If you still have questions regarding the issue, do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Aziz

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @TA​,

Issue fixed in STM32CubeMX latest release.

V6.6.0 is now available under this Link.

Thank you for your contribution.

Best regards,

Aziz.