cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I example projects

luke514
Senior

I want to start programming the STM32F429I by studying some example programs provided by ST or some users.

Online I found few tutorials and someone recommended using the examples in: "STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0\Projects\". I tried to open a few examples on my STM32CubeIDE but I have this problem:

When I open STMCubeIDE and create a new project (file - new - STM32 project) .. I have the option to choose "example selector" in the top bar. I see thousands of example projects of all kinds of boards, including my F429I. The problem is that they are not supported on STM32CubeIDE, in fact when I import them I cannot debug, compile or open any function ... for example if I open BSP_LED_Init I get the error "could not find BSP_LED_Init".

Any solutions?

7 REPLIES 7
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @luke514​,

Welcome to STM32 Community.

To open a project from the STM32Cube_FW_F4 directory on STM32CubeIDE, I advise you to use the "Import project" option described on the 2.10 section of the UM2609.

Thank you.

Chahinez.

luke514
Senior

Hi! Thank you for your reply.

I imported the project but the error "could not find BSP_LED_Init in index remains.

This error appears both if I import a project (as you suggested) and if I use the "example selector" I explained in the previous post.

MM..1
Chief II

Latest IDE version i mean dont use FW F4 v1.0 ... use latest FW

and after first import or create project any way, for cross reference index work you need build your project once.

Currently at least v24 or something.

I'd imagine Keil or IAR projects would work still, but ST, or workbench​ have poor forward/backward compatibility. Don't put things in Desktop directories.

Use contemporary tools and examples. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @luke514​ ,

Thank you for reporting this issue,

you can import this project using two methods:

-example selector

-Import the project from its directory 

You can also import TrueSTUDIO or Workbench project in cubeIDE.

I advise you to upgrade the latest version of your firmware to STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.1 .

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you,

Rim.

I don't quite understand what's the problem, maybe because I don't use CubeIDE.

BSP_LED_Init() function is part of the CubeF4 package you are using, in [CubeF4 directory]/Drivers/BSP/STM32F4-Discover/stm32f4_discovery.c ( https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/blob/52757b5e33259a088509a777a9e3a5b971194c7d/Drivers/BSP/STM32F4-Discovery/stm32f4_discovery.c#L153 ) so if automagic imports don't add this to your project, add it (and path to its .h counterpart, as appropriate).

JW

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

As ChahinezC wrote, try to import the example to CubeIDE.

The import procedure uses SW4STM32 variant of projects, as that is another variant of Eclipse CDT. But the import is not perfect (to put it mildly) - some project files can be lost, customization in link script and project settings can be lost.... This may be easy to fix, but for a beginner it is intimidating. Get help from your FAE or elsewhere.

STM32F4 is old. Examples for new STM32 MCU families already have CubeIDE projects.