cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem of QSPI as flash memory and FMC as data memory.

Lpria.1
Associate II

hi...

i want to make a project using QSPI external flash memory to run a code, and FMC SDRAM as data memory... how to do that? i have try FMC SDRAM as Data Memory example project from STM32F746-Disco FW package and debug it using external loader and change .ld file address of FLASH & RAM, it runs but cannot store data in SDRAM. example i store variable a=1, i read it the content variable of a is not same.

thanks before.

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

SDRAM i mean cant be initialised in startup , but in app code, then data loader cant load your set data in compile time.

Here is two solutions you rewrite startup or in app after initialize SDRAM do own routine to copy data init.

But this area can be used for data .

Too your code debug example isnt real, compiler can ooptimize this float to registers or stack and dont use SDRAM here...

i want to extend FLASH & RAM size for my code, because my project file bin not fit in internal FLASH and need bigger RAM too.

Can u guide me how to do that?

Maybe you need learn more about memory mapped mode, boot order , memory areas and sections and howto define code or data into section...

for example framebuffer

// Use the section "TouchGFX_Framebuffer" in the linker to specify the placement of the buffer
    LOCATION_PRAGMA("TouchGFX_Framebuffer")
    uint32_t frameBuf[(320 * 240 * 3 + 3) / 4] LOCATION_ATTRIBUTE("TouchGFX_Framebuffer");

or I'm not able to use RAM_D2 section in STM32H743 as frame buffer