cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login issue - STM32CubeIDE and STM32MX

inouee
Associate II

I downloaded version 1.15.1 of the STM32 IDE, but when I start a new project and select the STM32F103C8T6 as the MCU, the first image appears. However, when I try to update the firmware, it asks for a login, and the second image appears. I have searched in several places and realized that this is an error that can occur since versions 1.12/1.13. I have tried changing the network connections to active provider (native, manual, and direct), but it doesn't work. (I'm not sure how the manual one works, but I also saw that it's not good to keep using manual mode). Does anyone have any suggestions? The same problem occurs in STM32MX, and I have also tried changing the internet connection.

inouee_0-1715807624184.png (First image)

inouee_1-1715807726813.png(second image)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear all,

This is an issue some CubeMx/CubeIDE users are facing since yesterday and the issue was escalated internally to be fixed asap. Dedicated teams are working on it.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
norlesh
Associate III

HEY ST YOUR WASTING YOUR CLIENTS PATIENCE AND GOOD WILL WITH BULLS@#T LIKE THIS

This is the second thread I have come across after experiencing the problem myself, meanwhile ST is silent while we waist our time banging our head against a wall trying to fix it, or twiddling our thumbs waiting for the tools to fix there tools - vendor lock in at its finest.

Techn
Senior II

I too faced this issue yesterday and filed a ticket, they asked me to update or re-install. Not even asked for any additional debug info. Looks very casual and they know there are issues with login....

dru
Associate II

same, same, login fails and MX didn't generate code and don't even show an error !

Disbei
Associate

Here also same MyST login issue. Updating and re-install didn't solve the issue.

rclendan
Associate II

Been down for two days now... I can log in through the web site, but the CubeIDE will not log in. It hangs and says the network is down. I have no proxy, VPN, or firewall blocks. I am working on a new design and can't generate code from the ioc file if not logged in. I would strongly recommend making login optional for critical tasks and just keep retrying in the background.

NOTE: I had another system that was logging in on its own at startup just fine. I stupily logged out to see if the problem was machine specific and now that system won't log in either.

workaround: install CubeIDE 1.12.1

It has no login functionnality and use latest packages.

I too support this view. I  don't see reason why it needs login at all since it's a free tool. No need for license check. What's the purpose of login at all for updates.

I did reinstall with the latest. Then it ask to migrate all old projects.

Will it open projets created with newer version?