cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have tested my code in blue pill and now have made my custom pcb containing stm32f103c8t6. I am unable to program with my st link. The ettings on stm32cubeide are correct as the code gets uploaded in the bluepill. Do we have to set or reset the BOOT0.

ADesu.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gbm
Lead III

So, you have an illegal ST-Link clone which ST does't want you to use (it still partially allows it, but slowly the policy is being tightened) and, very likely, you are trying to debug a STM32F103 clone, which violates the STM32CubeIDE license.

ST Microelectonics software still (maybe not for long) PARTIALLY works with ST-Link clones and ST MCU clones but this support is shrinking with every new release of software.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @ADesu.2​ and welcome to the Community,

Do you have another ST-Link ? or better an original ST-Link?

Since your code is working on the blue pill, the issue may be related to the ST-LINK!

if not, you may need to reset the BOOT0 pin. This can be done by setting BOOT0 to ‘1’ while powering the board. This will set the board into the bootloader mode and allow you to use ST-Link to program the board.

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Sarra.S​, thankyou for your reply,

I have tried both ie. using another original ST-link V2 and by resetting the BOOT0 pin. Still the code is not uploading...

Just to clarify- I am programming my stm32f103c8t6 based custom made pcb with ST-Link V2 via I2C (Vcc, Gnd, SWCLK, SWDIO).

in this case, Are these 4 pins enough to program the uc or is setting/ resetting of BOOT0/ BOOT1 pins required ?

gbm
Lead III

What messages do you get while attempting to program the MCU? And what's your "original" ST-Link. If it has a pendrive-like metal case, then it's not original.

Sharing the screen shot of error that pops up.

Also, STMCubeProgrammer detects the ST Device with the same hardware setup.0693W00000Y921ZQAR.jpg 

So, you are able to connect to the board using STM32CubeProgrammer but not with STM32CubeIDE!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @gbm​ ,

Below attached is the error message i get.

And yes u r right, ST-link v2 i am using is not the original one then.0693W00000Y921ZQAR.jpg

yess u r right.

Have a look at this thread that suggests a solution that seems to work for several people.

gbm
Lead III

So, you have an illegal ST-Link clone which ST does't want you to use (it still partially allows it, but slowly the policy is being tightened) and, very likely, you are trying to debug a STM32F103 clone, which violates the STM32CubeIDE license.

ST Microelectonics software still (maybe not for long) PARTIALLY works with ST-Link clones and ST MCU clones but this support is shrinking with every new release of software.