cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32Cube IDE require internet to operate?

RNK59
Visitor

Once the IDE is installed, is connection to the internet required while using it ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

No, you don't need the internet to build or run projects.

You do need the internet to download firmware packages.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

It depends what version you have!

I think it was 1.15.x which introduced the requirement to login?

That's why I've stuck with 1.13.0!

Also depends on what you mean by "operate"; eg, when starting a new project, it might need to download a new firmware pack - but once that's done, it's done.

Thank you for the reply.

Latest version 1.16 is the one I am referring to.

By operate I mean to build and run projects

TDK
Guru

No, you don't need the internet to build or run projects.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
RNK59
Visitor

Perfect, thank you!

BarryWhit
Senior III

But it's possible to download them manually from the ST website as zip files(requires account ,grrrr) and then install them offline on another machine (via Help/Manage Embedded Software Packages/From Local). 

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.
RNK59
Visitor

Thank you Barry. So essentially, one can download everything needed and then once installed one can go off-line. Great stuff!