cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChipSelectHighTime limits seems to be wrong for STM32H72x/3x inside HAL OCTOSPI drivers

hknief
Associate

I'm operating an Infineon F-RAM CY15B116QSN at the OctoSPI port of an STM32H735 MCU with 100 MHz clock (F-RAM devices is specified up to 108MHz). The F-RAM datasheet requires a CS high time between commands of at least 145 ns, which requires 15 clock cycles @100MHz. 

The CubeMX tool limits the CS high time up to 8 cycles (3 bits wide); the same applies to the STM32H7xx HAL driver, which asserts, if this value is outside the range 1 to 8. In contrast to these limitations, the STM32H73x reference manual allows a CS high time of 1 to 64 (6 bits wide), which would suffer our needs !

Actually I added a copy of the 'HAL_OSPI_Init' function with different name to my project to get around this limitation, but it would be fine, if this bug will be fixed in future versions - or am I wrong at some point ?

Best regards, Heino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @hknief  and welcome to the Community,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 194557 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @hknief  and welcome to the Community,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 194557 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.