cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBOOT RESET ISSUE

Srikanth1
Associate III

Hello 

We are working on custom board with STM32MP157AAA3 Processor.

In Uboot(V2023.10) we are writing 4MB of data using mw command it works fine,but while displaying the data using md command the board resets after displaying 80KB of data.

I have tried with various memory locations of DDR3L,But every time i face the same issue.

Hope You could suggest me where Iam going wrong.

Thanks&Regards

Srikanth.R

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Srikanth1 

this is probably due to security settings inside MMU or TZC which avoid read to some address location.

Is there any message on the console ?

Are you sure that the write does not to corrupt uBoot binary inside the DDR (usually located at the end of the DDR) ?

Alternatively, could be due also to DDR content corruption due to Signal Integrity issue when there is large access.

Do you check the correct DDR HW behavior using DDRFW-UTIL ?

As uBoot DDR access are almost only aligned 32-bit word (due to cache), we have seen some issue with DQS/DM PCB wiring which make fails when there is uncached byte accesses.

Did you try same SW on an ST development board like STM32MP157D-DK1 ?

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello

Thanks for the reply .

I have attached the screenshot of the output we could see on the console of our custom board

Srikanth1_0-1717481255901.png

And I have also tried using the STM32MP157D-DK1 and STM32MP157A-DK1 boards.But We are getting the same result in all the 3 boards i.e it resets the CPU .

Hope You could suggest me how to resolve the reset issue 

Thanks&Regards

Srikanth.R