cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during image compilation for STM32MP1 - glmark2

Paradox
Associate II

Hello there,

I have been trying to compile the newest release 2.0.0, first with some extra packages and also without them, but at around 90% the compilation process fails with following error:

ERROR: Task (/home/paradox/Desktop/workspace/openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-benchmark/glmark2/glmark2_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

I am running the newest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, which is not under officially supported distributions, however I don't believe that it is the real cause of the problem.

EDIT: It seems like it was really the 20.04 Ubuntu being an issue. The package was successfully built on the older 18.04, so my updated question is, will there be support for the newest Ubuntu version 20.04 and if so, approximately when could we expect it to be available?

9 REPLIES 9
mleo
Senior II

Hi @Matej Záhorský​ ,

I agree that Ubuntu 20.04 LTS should not pose a problem.

But could you be more specific about your working environment?

Which DISTRO do you use? Which image did you bild?

Have you manipulated any bb file?

e.g.

DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-image-weston

It's not possible to introduce without such information.

Best regards,

Milan

Hello,

I apologize for not mentioning that, at first I have added some packages, but when it didnt work I tried to build just the original image, which failed as well. I used the default configuration as you have mentioned (openstlinux-weston distro and st-image-weston)​

mleo
Senior II

Hi @Matej Záhorský​ ,

Could you please redirect result of bitbake to a text file and provide it?

Another source of useful information is log in build folder: build_xxxx/tpm-glibc/log/cooker/stm32pm1

Search for notion of glmark2 and provide it as well.

Thanks,

Milan

Paradox
Associate II

Hi @mleo​,

unfortunately I had to switch to ubuntu 18.04, thus I no longer have any logs regarding the issue. I used Pop OS based on ubuntu 20.04 where the build kept failing, whereas before I used the same OS based on version 19.10, which I have been using for the older ecosystem version 1.2.0 and that one worked flawlessly. I suppose it is the newest ubuntu having issues with the build, perhaps you may try it out and see if it goes wrong.

LJele.1
Associate

Hi, @mleo​ 

I've got same problem on Debian 10.3.0 with STM32MP15-Ecosystem-v2.0.0 release TAG: openstlinux-5.4-dunfell-mp1-20-06-24

DISTRO=openstlinux-eglfs MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-example-image-qt

(bitbake st-image-minimal ---- works)

TBind.2
Associate II

Hi,

@LJele.1​  have you found a solution for this problem? I am having the same issue.

Greetings,

Tom

LJele.1
Associate

Hi,

@Bacteriusinder​  Unfortunately no. I've tried on Ubuntu 20.04 also, but result is the same:

" ERROR: Task (/home/deerjelen/dev/yocto/stm32mp1/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-benchmark/glmark2/glmark2_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1' "

mrnuke
Associate II

The problem is with the waflib in glmark2. It is incompatible with python 3.7 -- which I believe 18.04 doesn't use.

glmark2 has been fixed upstream, and in 'meta-openembedded'. The version is rolled back in openstlinux, and the fixes are lost:

meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-benchmark/glmark2/glmark2_%.bbappend: SRCREV = "5e0e448ca2c3a37c0b2c7794bcd73a700f79aa4f"

Edit meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-st/packagegroups/packagegroup-framework-tools.bb, and delete the line that says 'glmark2'. This will get the build rolling.

rm -rf layers/meta-st/meta-st-openstlinux/recipes-benchmark/glmark2

Simplest solution.