cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 GPIO toggle in cortex M0+ Core is Possible

pippalla_chakravarthi
Associate II

Hi everyone,

We recently purchased a NUCLEO-WB55RG Dual Core EVK for R&D purposes. We later realized that in the STM32WB55CGU6TR MCU, the Cortex M0+ core is dedicated to BLE. Is there any possibility of toggling GPIO on the Cortex M0+ core? If so, can anyone share a sample code for this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @pippalla_chakravarthi 

CM0+ is a closed system really dedicated to Wireless Stack. So, you can't use it for other purpose.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Too what end?

The TIM peripherals can toggle pins associated with them, with no user intervention.

You should be able to do TIM+DMA+GPIO to output a pattern file to pin(s) on a single GPIOx bank

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @pippalla_chakravarthi 

CM0+ is a closed system really dedicated to Wireless Stack. So, you can't use it for other purpose.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply, @STTwo-32 

I'm working on generating two different trigger signals: one at 60Hz and another at 600Hz, using three PWM signals on three GPIO or timer channels. I attempted to use slave trigger mode for synchronization, but I'm encountering a phase shift in the PWM signals after two or three pulses.

Can you please guide me on the best possible way to achieve this task?

That sounds like a new question.

Best to mark the solution here, and then start a new thread for the new question.

Post a reply here with a link to the new thread.

Hi @Andrew Neil ,

I am closing this thread and opened new thread

Here is the new thread link FYR : Generating 60Hz and 600Hz Trigger Signals with PWM in STM32WB55CGU6TR : Synchronization Issue in Slave Mode 

Thanks in advance.