cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-CUBE-LRWAN v2.0.0 with Nucleo-L073RZ board and I-Nucleo-LRWAN1 shield

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Nucleo-L073RZ board and I-Nucleo-LRWAN1 (USI module) shield - as supplied as the "Sensor" part of the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 kit:

0693W00000Bca5WQAR.png 

The documentation refers to I-CUBE-LRWAN at v1.2.2; in v2.0.0 (March 2021), the directory structure has changed somewhat.

I assume the correct path for the "Sensor" node project is now:

Projects\NUCLEO-L073RZ\Applications\LoRaWAN\LoRaWAN_AT_Master\STM32CubeIDE\I_NUCLEO_LRWAN1

Can anyone confirm if this actually works?

At the moment, mine doesn't seem to be sending any AT commands from the Nucleo board to the USI shield...

43 REPLIES 43
JCOUP
Associate III

OK and sorry for this omission. I did a complete compare between your Project and my project . In the file stm32l0xx_it.c we have to include the header file "sys_conf.h" (see attached file)

Ah - that's better:

0693W00000D0eakQAB.pngnow to see what's happening at the TTN end ...

JCOUP
Associate III

OK, we see that the join has been accepted... 254 is the response to the battery level request and data has been send to the 99 port.. keep me info on the TTN result

I think it's time to mark this as 'answered' - as the Nucleo-L073RZ board does now seem to be communicating with the I-Nucleo-LRWAN1 shield.

I'll start a new thread on the TTN interactions...

"I'll start a new thread on the TTN interactions..."

Here: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000zI8U9SAK/icubelrwan-v200-nucleol073rz-inucleolrwan1-on-ttn

tl;dr: although it joined initially (as shown above) it then dropped into a continual failing join-request loop. :unamused_face:

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@JCOUP​ "We plan to provide a new package release version during summer time."

In the new package, please would it be possible to ensure that each example has a distinct Project Name ?

Currently, it seems like all the Projects for the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 are just called "I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1", and all the projects for the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 are called "cmwx1zzabz_0xx" - etc?

CPere.3
Associate

Hi, was the problem every resolved and the new v2.0.0 has been uploaded? I am still getting the issues of ATE=0 even after adding the "#include "sys_config.h" into the file stm32l0xx_it.c

JCOUP
Associate III

Hello, as you can read in the previous exchanges the problem that was present in the V2.0 has been solved. Now you can upload the V2.1. All issues have been fixed (see history exchanges to understand why there was a problem) ....regards

@CPere.3​ "I am still getting the issues of ATE=0"

What issues, exactly, are they?

There is no specific issue with ATE=0 in this thread - so perhaps you should start a new thread about it?

(you could always give a link to this thread, if you feel it helps)

CPere.3
Associate

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I did try to look at the history exchanges but no luck. I made a mistake earlier in mentioning the version so I will start from the beginning.

I bought the lrwan2 that came with a gateway and l073Rz as the end node with the p-Nucleo-lrwan1 as the shield. After downloading the software pack "STM32CubeExpandsion-LRWAN2-V2.1.0", I followed the document "getting-started-with-the-lrwan2-starter-pack" named "dm00620948". I tried communicating to the shield using AT-Commands and had no luck. It wouldn't let me type anything on the serial monitor. Note: I had the RX and TX pins on the shield connected to the debugger size.

I then flashed the AT_master provided in STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V2.1.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L073RZ\Applications\LoRaWAN\LoRaWAN_AT_Master and got the following in Capture1. Note: I changed Debugger_ON to 1 in sys_conf.h. Anything that I typed did not respond to me.

0693W00000FBCPKQA5.png 

I then tried to flash the END_node located in STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V2.1.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L073RZ\Applications\LoRaWAN\LoRaWAN_End_Node, while making sure I changed the region located in lora_app.h and lorawan_conf.h I also turned debugger ON. Static_device_EUI is set to 0 so I added a device on the TTN that way. The results I got is in Capture20693W00000FBCgpQAH.png 

I can't get anything to work and don't know where to start to try and fix this. If there is any other information that I missed please let me know.

regards,

Christian