cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to learn STM32 Debugger?

AA.21
Associate II

I had one STM32 debugger (ST-LINK-v2). how to learn the STM32 debugger and how to connect the stm32 chip to the debugger. give any solution or tutorial.

I will be waiting for your replays. Thank you.

20 REPLIES 20

What happens when you do Project:Clean... selecting your project but also turning OFF "Start a build immediately"?

Once that's done, right-click on the project in the Project Explorer (IDE icon) and do "Build Project".

There might be warnings/errors that either step throws up. Please report back listing those errors

I'm not sure, but I have faced this problem quite often. Please provide any other suggestions to fix this issue.

This time too, an error occurred while creating an elf file. What should will I use to minimize this problem? kindly tell me.

@Danish​ 

What was the precise error message? These messages are meant to contain clues ss to what the system was trying to do that failed which can lead to what’s wrong and how to fix it.

If it was (for example) “an error occurred while creating an elf file�? then please show a screenshot of how that message is presented and the sequence leading up to it.

0693W00000QLlulQAD.png 

I faced the elf file errors again. what I do to fix this problem.

I successfully created an elf file when starting a new project. But occasionally when I ran the debugger, an elf file problem occurred. Please provide a solution to this issue.

kindly help me

@Danish​ 

I'm not interested in the absence of a created file when build fails to complete.

What would be helpful is any messages that appear in any of the windows in response to your request to build the project when you right-click on the project (IDE icon) in the Project Explorer and do "Build Project"

Without that, I can't help you.

thank you for your guidance @Danish​ 

I solved the elf file error with your guidance.

one more doubt on the flash unit on board to TTL connection. 

I had to flash on board using a debugger but I change the TTL converter to flash the program, but the COM port is not detected.

I changed the setting on the cube program but did not work.

i attached the setting below:

"""""

To Load the binary through UART you need set module into BOOT mode. Follow below steps to move module into boot mode,

• Use latest STM32CubeProgrammer application to set the following Option Bytes of User Configurations,

◦ nBOOT_SEL/nSWBOOT0 => Checked (1)

◦ nBOOT1 => Checked (1)

◦ nBOOT0 => Unchecked (0)     

◦ BOOT_LOCK=>Unchecked(0)

• After above Option Bytes changes EVK will allow to load binary through the UART in boot mode.

• Move module to boot mode: Set BOOT pin HIGH and perform power cycle operation, once module is power ON than after set BOOT pin to LOW 

• Now module is ready to accept binary into boot mode"""""

this setting was i tryed but no use same the problem occure.

@AA.21​ 

To Load the binary through UART you need set module into BOOT mode. Follow below steps to move module into boot mode,

this setting was i tryed but no use same the problem occure.

You have not yet confirmed how your STM32WLE5JC chip can be connected to STLink.

Is that chip mounted on a board that you / your employer / your school/college/Uni designed? If so, you should have access to the schematic

Or a commercial board?

Or STM32WLE5JC in a module (e.g. seeed E5) which is then mounted on a board?

It is easiest if you have access to all of the following pins:

PH3/BOOT

PA13/SWDIO

PA14/SWCLK

NRST

Has the connection between STM32WLE5JC and STLink been done by someone else - who knows it works, or is it up to you to get it to work?

Please answer these so we can know how best to help. There are many ways things can fail, and until everything is right it just won't work.

@Danish​ 

I have already flashed the general code for the cube stm32 programmer with help of the ST-LINK-v2 debugger. 

but the serial port did not work. when I used TTL convert to flash the program did not work and the port was not detected.

when I change the settings on the cube programmer did not work and any COM port was not detected.

I already changed my setting on the cube program with the details mentioned above. But its COM port and cube programmer UART port do not work.