cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out, available from STM32CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through STM32CubeMX).

Here is the documentation for 4.17.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

Main features:

1. Complete redesign of the TouchGFX Designer
  2. Dual core support of TouchGFX Generator
  3. FMC interface support of TouchGFX Generator
  4. Various minor framework improvements like font handling

You can see all the bug fixing and improvements in the changelog.

KNOWN ISSUES:

If you wish to use L8 images in 16-,24- or 32bpp configurations, for some RTOS you will need to remove the OSWrappers::taskYield() function call in the DMA2D file templates of the X-CUBE installation (FreeRTOS from CubeMX works OK):

• Navigate to your Users/<user name>/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX/4.17.0/CubeMX/templates/Target folder
  • Depending on your bit depth open the dma_XXbpp_implementation_tmp.ftl file (16. 24 and 32 bpp)
  • Delete (or comment) the OSWrappers::taskYield() call in the while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U) loop
while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U)
{
    // OSWrappers::taskYield();
}
  • Regenerate code from STM32CubeMX for your project

/Romain

71 REPLIES 71

Hey Romain,

thank you for your fast answer. I was able to solve my problem with your help.

I am using touchGFX Designer 4.17.0 and CubeIDE 1.6.1. I have a stm32h7b3i-dk board and started with a blank UI, added two screens and two buttons, nothing too fancy. I was able to run my project on my board directly from touchGFX. Now I can build the project in the IDE but when I want to upload my code to the board via the IDE I am getting the following error message:

Failed to execute MI command:

load /Users/***/CubeMX_Export/MyApplication_4/STM32CubeIDE/Debug/STM32H7B3I_DISCO.elf 

Error message from debugger back end:

Load failed

On the console:

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 5.8.0

Copyright (c) 2020, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:

Persistent Mode      : Disabled

Logging Level       : 1

Listen Port Number     : 61234

Status Refresh Delay    : 15s

Verbose Mode        : Disabled

SWD Debug         : Enabled

InitWhile         : Enabled

Waiting for debugger connection...

Debugger connected

Debugger connection lost.

Shutting down...

I can see, that the board starts to communicate with my MacBook and then something aborts it. With other projects I have no issues like that. Do you have any clue what this could be?

Best

Jonathan

The Debugger connection lost and Shutting down is normal.

Could you try to go to the "Debug (or Run) configuration" by right clicking on the project name again, then hover above the "Run As" or "Debug As" options, then click on "Configuration" ?

Then in the popup, go to the "Debugger" tab, scroll down until the Misc section and check if the right External Loader is selected. If none are shown then click on the scan button on the right to see the list of available external loaders.

0693W00000Bcx0AQAR.png 

/Romain

There was no external loader selected, so I selected the one from your pic. got a step further and now have a problem with the CubeProgrammer:

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 5.8.0
Copyright (c) 2020, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:
        Persistent Mode            : Disabled
        Logging Level              : 1
        Listen Port Number         : 61234
        Status Refresh Delay       : 15s
        Verbose Mode               : Disabled
        SWD Debug                  : Enabled
        InitWhile                  : Enabled

Waiting for debugger connection...
Debugger connected
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        STM32CubeProgrammer v2.7.0-RC1                  
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

ST-LINK SN  : 0026003F3438511334313939
ST-LINK FW  : V3J7M3
Board       : STM32H7B3I-DK
Voltage     : 3.31V
SWD freq    : 24000 KHz
Connect mode: Under Reset
Reset mode  : Hardware reset
Device ID   : 0x480
Revision ID : Rev Z
Device name : STM32H7A/B
Flash size  : 2 MBytes
Device type : MCU
Device CPU  : Cortex-M7

Memory Programming ...
Opening and parsing file: ST-LINK_GDB_server_tIkAbo.srec
  File          : ST-LINK_GDB_server_tIkAbo.srec
  Size          : 1535420 Bytes
  Address       : 0x08000000 

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Erasing internal memory sectors [0 19]
Erasing memory corresponding to segment 1:
Erasing external memory sectors [0 21]
Error: failed to erase memory

Error: failed to erase memory
Encountered Error when opening /Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.macos64_1.6.0.202101291314/tools/bin/STM32_Programmer_CLI
Error in STM32CubeProgrammer
Debugger connection lost.
Shutting down...

I tried to start the Programmer as application without cubeIDE, but nothing happens. Guess my Mac has Problem with that or can I configure the programmer within the cubeIDE aswell?

Thank you and best

Jonathan

By the MP core, I meant something like STM32MP151A or the like.

The STM32MP151A is a microprocessor, so no it will not be supported by TouchGFX. I do not believe it is on our plans either as TouchGFX is aimed for MCUs.

/Romain

ilyus
Senior II

Just installed 4.17 today (upgraded from 4.16.1). First impressions - much better GUI. Modern design, very smooth. Intuitive interface. Overall, like.

Problem 1: when over adjustable setting (such as height of a box), when I scroll mouse wheel, the value in the box doesn't chage anymore, I have to type every value manually. So I can't scroll from 40 to 50 and see what I like more, I have to type manually 40-enter, then 41-enter etc. Very long and annoying. Tested it on a box with border height on the custom container screen. Interestingly enough, when I scroll the wheel, the value in the parameter stays what it was (50 in my case), but the box itself seems to expand and shrink by 1-2 pixels as I scroll the mouse wheel (but not more) - very visible.

Problem 2: in the very same parameter boxes, arrows up and down inside those boxes (GUI arrows I mean, not the keyboard) are supposed to change the value in the box by 1. Sometimes they don't. Tried on Scroll list -> number of items parameter. The number in the box doesn't change after clicking up or down arrow. Sometimes! I think, when TouchGFX window is unfocused and I click on the arrow, it works - changes value. But if I click onto the value and get the vertical bar cursor blinking on the value, then I scroll the mouse (which doesn't change the value), then arrows stop working too. (without doing mouse scroll arrows work) Trying it as I'm writing this.

Personal thing: I find the bright pink bar with generate code, or run simulator waaaay too bright. Using dark theme, and it draws my attention all the time. I understand it has to stand out, but it's waay too much contrast (my opinion). I think slightly softer color would do better, because I have all dark-gray-black screen with bright pink spot. Or maybe a bright pink border around buttons (or their container) so that they stand out, but not a big pink blob

Thank you for your clarification

V.H
Senior

Hi,

Where can I download offline documents for touchgfx V4.17.0?

Thank you!

Mkuma.5
Associate II

i installed  X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 from stm32cube->software packages. But its(generator) not appearing on my stm32CubeIDE 1.6.1 category menu to configure the generator. Please advise.

Hi,

When you go on the official online documentation, click on the "Ressources" section in the tree view on the left. You will find the "Offline PDF" section.

/Romain