cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out, available from STM32CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through STM32CubeMX).

Here is the documentation for 4.17.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

Main features:

1. Complete redesign of the TouchGFX Designer
  2. Dual core support of TouchGFX Generator
  3. FMC interface support of TouchGFX Generator
  4. Various minor framework improvements like font handling

You can see all the bug fixing and improvements in the changelog.

KNOWN ISSUES:

If you wish to use L8 images in 16-,24- or 32bpp configurations, for some RTOS you will need to remove the OSWrappers::taskYield() function call in the DMA2D file templates of the X-CUBE installation (FreeRTOS from CubeMX works OK):

• Navigate to your Users/<user name>/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX/4.17.0/CubeMX/templates/Target folder
  • Depending on your bit depth open the dma_XXbpp_implementation_tmp.ftl file (16. 24 and 32 bpp)
  • Delete (or comment) the OSWrappers::taskYield() call in the while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U) loop
while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U)
{
    // OSWrappers::taskYield();
}
  • Regenerate code from STM32CubeMX for your project

/Romain

71 REPLIES 71
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Additional information:

• "Application Templates" (ATs) are now called "TouchGFX Board Setups" (TBS). UI templates are now divided into Demos and Examples, and Online Applications are renamed Board Specific Demos (BSD).
  • The new FMC display interface settings in TouchGFX Generator (within STM32CubeMX) can be seen in the updated TouchGFX Board Setups for the STM32F412disco and STM32L496 disco boards
  • The dual core implementation can be seen in the updated TouchGFX Board Setup for the STM32H747-dk board, now containing an STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE project.

/Romain

BParh.1
Senior III

Thank you @Romain DIELEMAN​ , I like it much better the look and feel of this new release, so good job to ST.

But I am a bit disappointed to see this release seem not doing anything to improve dynamic graph. Dynamic graph widget is essential in real time monitoring data, however current widget has several downsides which likely user need to do a lot of work around especially for project that need x label as time axis. Here is list that I know of so far:

1. Unable to do fixed x labeling
  2. For wrap and overwrite, the x label becomes negative once we go back to graph widget from other widget (provided the graph roll the entire screen at least once). The negative x label is on the area that not yet over written
  3. Unable to do desired behavior for X axis range adjustment (for zoom in/out feature) in x axis without work around. If we adjust the x axis to shorter one, the graph will still roll over to the max capacity instead of back directly to x = 0. The problem is user unable to set max capacity.
  4. Seems there is issue on code generator for Element Area. Once a while it has build error as generated code element area not complete, the class instance name is missing. As work around I need periodically create additional dummy element area, click generate code and then delete again the dummy element area and click generate code again.

I tried to make all work around for above (except negative x label, not sure what happen), but the code become unbearable, it has significant redundant amount of code and it is hard to organize them for real professional qualification code.

Any plan for ST to improve these?

lclor
Associate III

Hello,

I have installed the new Touch GFX 4.17.

Created a blank project for F429_disco

Open CubeIDE, create new project from existing IOC file, but can't compile the project.

0693W00000BcdirQAB.jpgIs it the right way to do it ?

Tanks for your help.

/BR

Hi,

When you create a project from TouchGFX Designer with the TouchGFX Board Setup (new name for Application Template) for the STM32F429 disco board and generate code from TouchGFX Designer, a fully configured STM32CubeIDE project will be generated for you. To open it you just have to double click on the .cproject or .project under the <project name>/STM32CubeIDE folder (no need to use the "create new project from existing IOC file" option).

/Romain

Hi BParh.1,

Now that TouchGFX 4.17 it is in our plan to improve the dynamic graph and we take into accounts your ideas/suggestions. I do not have an estimated date of release. If you have more inputs please add them to the Idea Zone of this forum, this will help us keep track of it. I know I always write this down but we do take into account those ideas but just lack time/man power to be honest to do them all as fast as we would wish 😅.

/Romain

thanks, it works fine.

After, is it possible to import IOC file to make modification on the components use on the board ?

/BR

Laurent

In the project generated you already have an ioc file as well which you can modify. Otherwise yes it is fine to import IOC file but you just have to make sure to correct all the paths.

/Romain

Ezgi
Senior

Hi,

I have a project with 4.16.1 version and I want to update it to 4.17. However, when I open the project in the TGFX Designer ,I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error. What should I do?

Could you share your project ? Or a screenshot of your folder + path, and of the error message ?

/Romain