cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi Everyone,

If you haven't noticed by now, X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.17.0 is out, available from STM32CubeMX 6.0+ and from st.com as a zip (Also installable through STM32CubeMX).

Here is the documentation for 4.17.0: https://support.touchgfx.com/

Main features:

1. Complete redesign of the TouchGFX Designer
  2. Dual core support of TouchGFX Generator
  3. FMC interface support of TouchGFX Generator
  4. Various minor framework improvements like font handling

You can see all the bug fixing and improvements in the changelog.

KNOWN ISSUES:

If you wish to use L8 images in 16-,24- or 32bpp configurations, for some RTOS you will need to remove the OSWrappers::taskYield() function call in the DMA2D file templates of the X-CUBE installation (FreeRTOS from CubeMX works OK):

• Navigate to your Users/<user name>/STM32Cube/Repository/Packs/STMicroelectronics/X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX/4.17.0/CubeMX/templates/Target folder
  • Depending on your bit depth open the dma_XXbpp_implementation_tmp.ftl file (16. 24 and 32 bpp)
  • Delete (or comment) the OSWrappers::taskYield() call in the while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U) loop
while ((READ_REG(DMA2D->FGPFCCR) & DMA2D_FGPFCCR_START) != 0U)
{
    // OSWrappers::taskYield();
}
  • Regenerate code from STM32CubeMX for your project

/Romain

71 REPLIES 71

Your error seems to be linked to excel... Could you try to  go to change the locale to english ? go to 'Control Panel->Clock,Language,and Region->Region->Format' to English(America).

Another potential source of issue is that we update to .Net 5.0. Could there be an issue with Turkish ? (another turkish user is facing the same issue...).

/Romain

As you said, I changed the region and clean the appdata folder and it works.

Ok good to hear that it works 👌

We are going to investigate more on that to fix it as this is an annoying issue...

/Romain

As for Ezgi above, could you also try to change your region to English by going to  'Control Panel->Clock,Language,and Region->Region->Format' to English(America)

/Romain

Yes, it did work for me. I will check is there any D-cache issue with this version (4.17). Thanks for your help.

Great to hear that it works now 👍

/Romain

Hey Romain,

I did as you described to get a TouchGFXProject and open it with CubeIDE. In TouchGFX I was able to load my sketch to the board and everything worked finde. Now in CubeIDE I get the following errors when building:

make -j11 all 
arm-none-eabi-g++ -o "STM32H7B3I_DISCO.elf" @"objects.list"  -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a -mcpu=cortex-m7 -T"/Users/jonathanoberthuer/Aurora/CubeMX_Export/MyApplication_4/STM32CubeIDE/STM32H7B3LIHXQ_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="STM32H7B3I_DISCO.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -Wl,--start-group -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a -Wl,--end-group -LC:/git/STM32H7B3dk/stm32h7b3i_disco/STM32H7B3I-DK/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LZ:/Aurora/CubeMX_Export/MyApplication_4/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,--end-group
/Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.macos64_1.5.0.202011040924/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a
/Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.macos64_1.5.0.202011040924/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/9.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:92: STM32H7B3I_DISCO.elf] Error 1
"make -j11 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

11:38:37 Build Failed. 3 errors, 0 warnings. (took 503ms

I am working on a MacBook. Thus I run TopuchGFX Designer in parallels, then generating the code, copy it to my Mac file system and run the cubeIDE on Mac.

Do you have any clue how to solve that error?

Best

Jonathan

Hi,

This is a path error so try to check if you did not have absolute paths in your original project for the TouchGFX library.

The solution is usually just to regenerate code from TouchGFX Designer but you can't due to working on macOS.

Are you working on a custom project or on a project based on TouchGFX Board Setup ?

/Romain

Jonathan O.
Associate II
Error while parsing Rich Text Content
Error while parsing Rich Text Content