cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no 8 bpp option for GFXMMU?

CBald
Associate III

My framebuffer is 8 bpp in L8 format, but under GFXMMU > LUT Configuration > Display BPP, there is no 8 bpp option? Am I missing something? Considering the LTDC supports 8 bpp framebuffers, this should definitely be an option.

Currently running the latest CubeIDE with whatever CubeMX is built in.

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Some chips don't have enough pins to support all modes. What chip are you using?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
CBald
Associate III

Pretty sure that's not it, but for reference I'm using an STM32L4R9AI with DSI interface (so pins aren't the issue)

TDK
Guru

You're right, it's unlikely to be that. Probably just one of those things where even though the underlying hardware supports it, the HAL/CubeMX infrastructure isn't set up to support it yet. L4+ is pretty new.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
CBald
Associate III

L4+ and the GFXMMU have been around for 3 years now (date code on my eval board is 8th week, 2017)... I'd expect them to have this sorted out by now. They have 16, 24, and 32bpp options, I just don't understand why 8bpp isn't there. Should be trivial to add. Is there a place I can feature request this?