cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX configuration not reflecting STM32H743I-EVAL board schematics

Southbranch
Senior II

We are considering a custom PCB design similar to the STM32H743I-EVAL.

However, we just discovered that when creating a TouchGFX project for this board, many configured pins are set different (shown in STM32CubeMX) than given on these schematics:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/mb1246-b0x_schematic.pdf

https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/mb1246-e02_schematic.pdf

A few examples of signales routed to other pins for the SDRAM: SDNWE,SDNE1, SDCEK1. There are also a handful of pins for the LCD which are routed elsewhere. The TouchGFX project runs fine so obviously these schematics must be invalid..

Is there a newer schematic version than MB1246-E02 dated in 2019?

Many thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

There have been several versions of the board what one do you actually have?

The Rev E is EVAL2, with the ST-LINK/V3

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The board has STLINKV3 and the printed label on the MCU board says: MB1246-H743XI-E02, which should indicate it has the second schematic in my post. The display board says MB1063 REV B.

However, I can't find any other schematics than listed above

Right, but that's their prerogative, you might have to talk to an FAE to get others.

You might want to cross check the BGA ball assignments, I recall there being some subtle changes in a handful of them over the development cycle for the H7's which spanned back to 2017

Also the EVAL boards tend to have a myriad of solder-bridge and resistor paths to remap or reconfigure board use cases.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

You are right, there is a myriad of solder bridges on this board but nothing shown on the schematics above that would allow balls assigments they way TouchGFX does.

@ST representatives, could you please help me out finding the right version of the schematic? If no schematic is available, please let me know also. (post this elsewhere?)

Thanks

Hi @Lars Sörqvist​ ,

I got the confirmation that the schematic version of April 2019 for MB1246-E02 is the latest one.

So we need the help of our Experts from TouchGFX team (@Romain DIELEMAN​ & @Alexandre RENOUX​ ) to understand more how TouchGFX matches STM32H743I-EVAL hardware design.

In all cases, for your pcb setup, references are the product datasheet and the application note about the hardware getting started.

You can also have a look to the user manual UM2198 Evaluation boards with STM32H743XI and STM32H753XI MCUs to check the main updates of the hardware revisions.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Amel!

Many thanks for helping out -:)

I believe my MB1246-E02 schematic is dated 13th Feb. 2019 and not April. Is there a link to a newer schematic verison?

In any case, I'll await some hints from your collegues about the matching TouchGFX (BGA pins) vs. schematic for this board.