cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFFICIAL RELEASE: X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX v4.13.0

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Goodmorning everyone!

With the release of CubeMX 5.5.0 we've removed TouchGFX from the Middleware section of CubeMX and are now offering TouchGFX configuration through an X-CUBE.

The X-CUBE pack contains the following:

1. TouchGFX Designer .msi, as per usual
  2. TouchGFX Generator - A tool through "additional software" for creating your TouchGFX HAL based on CubeMX settings.

CubeMX is a tool for configuring your MCU.

CubeMX is not a tool for completely configuring peripherals like touch controllers and external memories.

TouchGFX Generator (new since 4,13) is a CubeMX extension that can generate all or parts of your TouchGFX HAL Layer based partially on settings taken from your MCU configuration in CubeMX.

TouchGFX Generator (new since 4,13) is not a tool that provides complete configurations for touch controllers, external memories, etc. It only generates the TouchGFX HAL - Rendering strategies, acceleration strategies, etc.

TouchGFX Designer is a tool that can supply you with application templates for existing stm32 display kits. We are working on getting all of them updated to use the new Generator.

Please read the following guides for instructions on how to install the new TouchGFX X-CUBE and how to use the TouchGFX Generator to develop your TouchGFX HAL:

From now on it is the X-CUBE that receives a version bump, bumping the version of both tools contained within.

A few application templates already support the new TouchGFX Generator (and thus CubeMX 5.5.0), with lots more to come. One of our main priorities is to get the rest of the application templates ported to use the TouchGFX Generator,

• STM32H7BI-DK v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F746-DISCO v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F769I-DISCO v.3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32H750B-DK v3.0.0 (uploaded)
  • STM32F750-DK v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32L4R9-DISCO v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32L4P5-DISCO v3.0.0 (in progress)
  • STM32H743-EVAL v3.0.0 (In progress)

Generally, any application template that supports the Generator/CubeMX 5.5.0 will be major version 3.

0690X00000BviXRQAZ.png 

0690X00000BviXWQAZ.png

Let me know here if you have any questions or face any issues! We're eager to see how this works for everyone.

Now that we are officially live with X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX we'll continue working on improving documentation, offering support and updating the current application templates you can find through the designer.

Aside from that i'll do my best to catch up on this community, something i've had to neglect a bit because of the new Generator.

Best regards,

TouchGFX Generator Team

162 REPLIES 162

Still wondering if anyone has had a chance to verity if my steps in the above post is correct?

I am likely missing a step or two, but would like to know what to do make the STM32F746G-Disco board work with Stm32CubeIDE 1.2.0, CubeMX 5.5.0, and TouchGFX 4.13.0.

I have to go so i'm just throwing this out there without much context - But did you configure the SDRAM and QSPI in user code? (timings and memory mapped mode). You can see how in the F746G-DISCO AT.

/Martin

Another option is to simply diff a project created with TouchGFX designer (f746g-disco AT) and your own project. They're created using the same tools (CubeMX 5.5, Touchgfx designer 4.13.0) so your diff should be accurate.

/Martin

Nothing comes to display. I created a gui in touchgfx. Build it using new cubeide but when I run it, nothing comes to the display. ​there are no errors or hard faults comes when running.

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Thanks for replying.

I was under the assumption I AM using the f746g-disco AT. See my step #1 above.

I did check the QUADSPI settings and they are correct after getting the AT from TouchGFX (4.13.0). This is one item I had to modify in the previous Stm32CubeIDE version as it was not correct. I did not check the SDRAM, however (didn't know I needed to).

My steps are using the AT (at least starting with it), not generating my own, so I thought all I have to do are the steps I included above (from about a week ago).

I haven't even gotten to trying to create my AT yet because I wanted to make sure the IOC file created by TouchGFX 4.13.0 is setting everything up correctly....which I have not gotten to work.

I saw two differences. MX_TouchGFX_Process(); hasnt called in default task and there are some aditional code in FMC RAM

I was able tu run stm32769-disco board and I see that there are two option to create project. First as showed Karl Yamashita in video, create new project from cubeIDE and then run touchGFX application template to configure screen. But this option don't initialize configuration in cubeIDE and in code.

Second method is run touchGFX and create project for MCU. TouchGFX generate all configuration now and project sholud work.

At least in the STM32769-discovery board 😉

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I assume when one installs the 64 bit version of Stm32CubeIDE (1.2.0) 64 bit version of CubmeMX (5.5.0) is included?

I can confirm the same thing is happening on my end. If I follow your video I get the same results. I have confirmed that my installations are 64 bit as well.

I would assume so - I'm not sure about Java version, though.