cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB PD sink EPR availability

cdoel
Associate II

Hi, we are developing a USB PD sink device which will operate up to 28V @ 5A.

The STM32G431 seems to be ideal for our application, however it seems that there is no official support for EPR within the TCPP software yet and I am unable to set a PDO higher than 20V during configuration. We will be using a custom board with our own USB protection made from discrete components.

Is there an approximate release timeframe for EPR support? We will need to ensure that it aligns with our testing and release timeline otherwise we will likely have to look for other alternatives.

Best regards,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, you can look forward to EPR support, which will hopefully be available soon.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Peter BENSCH , thanks for your quick response!

Do you expect this to be within the next 6 months?

And apart from ensuring adequate protection and voltage ratings, is there anything that I would need to implement in order to ensure EPR support is successful

Well, I can't make any promises, but I have high, very high hopes of seeing something by the end of Q1/2025. There will also be information on how to deal with EPR.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Chris,

We expect to get sample in Q2 2025 and to be in mass-production beg of 2026.

Be aware  the  TCPPE series will be  industrial grade and  not automotive  grade.

Regards.