cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a TouchGFX project with a custom TFT LCD?

TTú.1
Associate III

Hi everyone

Maybe this is an old question but I'm still having trouble

I am working on a project on STM2F429 discovery board, now I have to use a larger sized screen for my project.

So how do I do it with the correct sequence?

What parameters do I need to set?

I really need a sample

I appreciate all answers

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
MM..1
Chief II

When you ask howto in TouchGFX Designer , then reply is ******** or impossible.

For custom design need any IDE and for simpler way plus MX.

If as IDE you choice STMCubeIDE way is more simple...

Hello, i have the same doubt, so the only way to begin in a custom board/tftLCD is via CUBEID ???

i was also wondering if i could start a project with touchgfx and then import it to cubeID, but do not know how to relate it with a specific mcu.

Doing it from CUBEID and the call as a software tool the touchgfx software i know is possible.

Thanks.

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What you can do is create a project with the TBS for the STM32F29 discovery board and open the generated ioc file in STM32CubeMX. It is within STM32CubeMX that you will be able to change the pins + configuration to your custom display (+ potential additional user code). Have a look at this video where Badreddine from ST does a similar process with the STM32H7B3dk. The online documentation and the board bring up articles will help you understand the steps needed to configure your project.

/Romain

Hi,

You can start your TouchGFX project using the simulator and then use the "import GUI" option to import the project to your configured custom board project. It is recommended to use STM322CubeMX to start your project. When starting a project from STM32CubeIDE it will use an integrated STM32CubeMX version, so it results to the same (the main difference is the project structure and the fact that you wont be able to work with another IDE/toolchain if you start within STM32CubeIDE).

/Romain

Hi @Romain DIELEMAN​ 

Your advice is very helpful

I'll be back when I have questions

Most of this things i think are good for boards that touchgfx already give us a template, but for a mcu that doen't is on the touchgfx will be differente using the cubeID interface, now one of my main problems is that is consumes so much ram and flash, that does not happen for the boards available on touchgfx when you generate there your project.

Just out of curiosity, what mcu did you try to work with ? Were you using external flash and/or RAM as well ?

/Romain

h7b0, had some feedback for st support but with some specifics vaule could be use to generate firmware, but the recommendations is still to add external flash/ram