cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in IAR after create project TouchGFX 4.19.1. First compilation after creating simple project for srm32f746g-disco/

AKovy
Associate II

Hi All.

'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_1/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/IAR/ARM_CM4F/port.c', needed by 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_1/EWARM/STM32F429I-EVAL/Obj/Middlewares/FreeRTOS/port.o', missing and no known rule to make it         

Subj in question.

16 REPLIES 16
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

The error message tells you clearly: it needs the file 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_1/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/IAR/ARM_CM4F/port.c', and it can't find it.

So have you checked that this file does actually exist, and is actually in that location.

AKovy
Associate II

File exist but in another folder

c:\TouchGFXProjects\MyApplication_1\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM7\r0p1\

So you obviously need to fix that, then!

You have two choices:

1. Move the file to the expected location;
  2. Change the expected location to match the actual location.

AKovy
Associate II

I think that the error is in the creation of the IAR project file. In CubeIDE compilation runs without errors

so you need to fix the IAR project file, then.

Was the IAR project file auto-generated by Cube?

AKovy
Associate II

This iar project file generated by TouchGFX desiner 4.19.1

AKovy
Associate II

c:\TouchGFXProjects\MyApplication\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\GCC\ARM_CM4F\port.c

Proceeding from by the location and name of the directory, the port.c file is intended for CubeIDE(GCC)..

Developers should pay attention to this

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello AKovy,

I tried to reproduce the bug but everything is working fine on my side. Which version of IAR are you using ?

What is your "Min version" on STM32CubeMX when you generate code ?

If you have a specific scenario to reproduce your bug please say to us, so we can have a deeper investigation.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello.

My version CubeMX is 6.5.0 But I didn't use it

I did as described in this section of the documentation.. Part "Checking memory usage"

https://support.touchgfx.com/4.15/docs/basic-concepts/memory-usage

I create simple project for stm32f746g-disco generate it and compiled by IAR 9.2 and

receive error as lower.

'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_1/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/IAR/ARM_CM4F/port.c', needed by 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication_1/EWARM/STM32F429I-EVAL/Obj/Middlewares/FreeRTOS/port.o', missing and no known rule to make it       

Best regards.