cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7A3 on Nucleo board - XPT2046 Touch doesnt work

DWuje.1
Associate II

Hi,

I have managed to use LVGL and Touch GFX and can display on ili9341 without any problems. But when it comes to the touch - XPT9041 I can not d anything. It always shows the same coordinates or zero. I have tried two different displays and three different drivers. I use SPI. Unfortunately I haven't found a single example with this MCU. I've checked the hardware connection and used logic analyser. When I debug the interrupt for when the display is pressed works. Is there a bug or something?

Thank you,

Daniel

4 REPLIES 4

XPT9041 ??

An example for SPI or the Touch Screen Controller? The TSC should be relatively agnostic to the MCU it's attached too.

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.10.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q\Examples\SPI\SPI_FullDuplex_ComIT

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DWuje.1
Associate II

Sorry I meant xpt2046. Spi works, I use it for the TFT. I've ported the drivers for stm32f and none of the three different drivers worked.

Unfortunately "doesn't work" is not very helpful in the remote/blind diagnostic sense.

I don't have the display, or the chip.

Supposed to be similar in operation to the TI ADS7843, so a 24-bit interaction with the chip.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
DWuje.1
Associate II

I've found the problem. Firstly, the screen had a tiny crack, not easily visible. I've purchased another display, but it wasn't working. It turns that there are two PB2 pins. Only one works as MOSI. I've connected the first one to the correct pin, so when I used the scope/logic analyser it was all good. For the second display I did check the signals after a few hours of playing with the code:D

Thank you very much.