cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

469i Discovery Board LCD Specs Unknown

ilyus
Senior II

I've been trying to get anything on the screen for 2 weeks, several hours of coding/trying/reading/watching a day, and still have nada. Other than manually activating backlight after moving backlight enable resistor to GPIO pin. But my primary question for now is the following: I can start the project in CubeIDE with initializing peripherals for my Disco board, but if I don't, there is no way for me to find all the LCD specs for DSI/LTDC.

What modes does my screen support? What latencies does it support (CAS latencies and stuff)? What DSI frequency is max? This information is not anywhere to be found. It's not in any datasheets, both MCU and disco's, it's not in any reference manuals, it's impossible to google it out (I spent a good hour trying all possible word combinations and didn't get anything near what I need). So where do I get the specs of the display of STM32F469i disco?

13 REPLIES 13

Since technically speaking your reply precisely answered my question with that link to the datasheet, I guess it will make sense if I mark your answer as best, although everyone here was a big help for crying me :D thanks

Glad to know you got help here in the Community =) and thanks for choosing "Select as Best", which means that your question is answered, and consider this thread closed.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

thanks for the info anyway, will keep banging my head, see what gives up first - my skull or this MCU x)

Maybe i add some info for you:

• displays work in ranges screen refresh rate , 90% accept good image in range 40-80Hz maybe more
  • from this you can calculate all other values and datasheet info only you need for porch numbers (for discovery readed from code examples)
  • DSI is interface and support speeds by specs on all LCD, critical is number of lanes (with STM works only lcd ICs with one or two lanes capability)
  • DSI support more modes
  • when you start with STM LCD Discovery only good working examples is TouchGFX direct examples , this works for some clicks
  • Cube generated code need write next parts by you to work