cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How build example project for NUCLEO-L476RG on macOS Big Sur?

Clark Sann
Senior

I am working through the Security MOOC and in section 6, they show how to build the NUCLEO-L476RG example project on Windows. Their procedure does not work for me on MacOS Big Sur.

The most pressing problem is that when I try to build SECoreBin, I get this error:

0693W00000FC1ODQA1.pngI haven't been able to figure out how to resolve this problem. Does anyone know how to get the project to build?

Besides this problem I have several lesser issues:

1. Importing existing projects into the workspace does not work at all with this expansion pack. When I try to do this the project has no c or h files in it. They appear to be linked to non existent files.
  2. So I think tried to import an AC6 project. That works better but it links to the files in the expansion pack download location. I don't like that at all.
  3. So I then copied the NUCLEO-L476RG project to a new workspace and finally got CubeIDE to import those files. That works the best but the directory structure on the disk does not match the structure in the IDE. Plus the conversion adds a bunch of empty folders. It's all pretty confusing. Is there a way to improve the structure and eliminate all the blank folders?
  4. Lastly, the project configuration shows the prebuild.sh file is located at ../../prebuild.sh. What does that mean?

Thanks for the help!

Clark

3 REPLIES 3
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Clark,

MacOS is based on Unix. As opposite to windows you have execution rights on files.

Here the error you get means that prebuild.sh has no right to be executed.

So, in order to make things work you need to give this execution right.

To do this, and to address also other files that need this right I would recommend using this command:

in directory:

Projects\NUCLEO-L476RG\Applications\2_Images\2_Images_SECoreBin\SW4STM32\

type:

chmod +x *.sh

This should solve your issue ... if you have installed python 3 and imported modules as explained in

Middlewares\ST\STM32_Secure_Engine\Utilities\KeysAndImages\readme.txt

Best regards

Jocelyn

Thank you for your helpful reply. I have one remaining question: The project configuration shows the prebuild.sh <> file is located at ../../prebuild.sh <>. I think it is describing the navigation from the project base folder to the shell file. What does "../../“ mean and how can I determine the base folder? Is the base folder the PROJECT_LOC folder?

Hello Clark,

The base folder you are while building the application is usually the debug folder.

../.. in the parameter means the folder where to find the se_key.s for instance. So, no need to change this.

Best regards

Jocelyn