Did you mean: 

WTF go back to old community

MM..1
Chief II

This new disaster put to trash, an drevert back old version

0693W00000GZtdCQAT.png

64 REPLIES 64

Hi @Andrew Neil​ ,

We are working with our developers to address your feedback and fix the loading issue, please, stay reassured that your points are taken into account.

About the messages in the Community Help section, moderators cannot move the post as is, as About this Community is a Group while the Questions feed is a different component.

Thanks

... and that avrfreaks forum in its current Drupal-y incarnation is just a pale shadow of its past glory...

JW

@Laura C.​ "About this Community is a Group while the Questions feed is a different component."

What does that even mean?

As @Community member​ said earlier in this thread, "Forums need to be designed to serve the needs of the users" - and that does need to include moderators/admins.

@Community member​ - indeed.

Certainly not holding it up as a shining example - more along the lines of even AVRFreaks, with all its inadequacies, does better on that.

The "rolling balls" bug appears to have been fixed by now, both in forum and in search.

Eagerly awaiting removal of the clutter.

JW

Well the leader board here is on a logarithmic scale, but I think if you combined ALL staff post points, they'd still be behind either Jan's or my own individual totals.

Given the work-from-home people have been doing for the last two years, you'd think I'd be overwhelmed with people here, but I honestly can't say I've felt that. The main triage crew has expanded, perhaps from an handful to a dozen. Perhaps there's a lot of stuff going on in the background, I don't know.

There was definitely a period in the Jive Era where an all-hands memo was sent out, I don't recall how long it lasted, but a lot of internal people showed up.

You should have bought Jive, they ended up getting merged and they killed the "working" fork of the product, abandoning support for that, resulting in litigation as I recall, and a swift exit to SalesForce. It strains credulity to understand how poor their implementation of a forum is, for a Multi-$B company.

I think as I've expressed before, I'm not looking to be the least compensated person in the room discussing/explaining how a forum should work.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes, bravo to the ST team forthe quick reaction time !

Hi @Community member​ 

"do you see the cca one-minute "rolling balls"? "

From the beginning of the change, I had not such a problem and I didn't see such rolling balls in two, one is ok in my case and I see it.

There are some changes for reviewing the past questions that were difficult for a newbie on the past forum style to follow up. Moreover, the style is pretty simple and the most important issue in my opinion is the font that is far better than the forums like avrfreaks.

But to be more specific, for the forums, I like the style that LVGL forum has made. Simple, pretty, easy to use.

S.Ma
Principal

OMG on popular Samsung Galaxy A51 using samsung default web browser the community site is nearly unuseable.... will free me some time...

Michael K
Senior III

I seem to have lost the ability to get bell or email notifications for replies to threads since the forum update. I've double checked my settings and they seem fine. I've even disabled and re-enabled all the checkboxes. However, some other members have told me they are not having this problem, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯