Chief II

This new disaster put to trash, an drevert back old version

0693W00000GZtdCQAT.png

64 REPLIES 64
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Looks like global crap-out of the Salesforce forums software :(

Compare with the SiliconLabs : link

That one also has a huge annoying blob of ads on the top, but layout looks better and it loads much faster. No endless spinning on load/reload the page.

I'm pretty newbie, but I prefer the new one.

Hi @Vahid Ajallooeian​ ,

Can you please be specific, which elements of the new design you see as an improvement, and why?

Also, do you see the cca one-minute "rolling balls" on top of the STM32 forum? Did you try the search?

Thanks,

Jan Waclawek

I have not tried to search anything yet, but I also have the loading greyed out top of the screen which stays for a long time. Fortunately you can scroll down and access all that is below. Which means that it is purely cosmetics and nothing load related.

ST, did you even try this on a real computer (i.e by somebody outside the dev team) ? This is the first thing that is visible, how can it have passed the green light ?

"This is not facebook and we are engineers" => exactly ! We need a forum and a website that is fast and reactive, waiting for all the elements to load is really frustrating when trying to access any content that is STM32 related.

I agree, I believed that TouchGFX should have its own sub-forum, such as ST Motor Control should too.

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Camilo LEMOS​ : "Me and the team are eager to address your concerns, but I will need more specific feedback"

Have you reviewed the many complaints about the previous incarnation?

Other than some cosmetic tweaks, have any of them actually been addressed?

"where specifically do you think there is now too much litter now?"

One of those complaints was the inability to quote from previous threads!

Anyhow, this looks like "litter" to me:

0693W00000Hne0lQAB.pngWell, maybe not entirely "litter" - but occupying way too much screen space.

And, as @Community member​ said, still getting entire questions in the title:

0693W00000Hne2DQAR.pngwhich really is a hog of screen space.

For comparison, in the same sized window, here is Microchip's AVRFreaks forum:

0693W00000Hne4nQAB.pngSo there you have ~ two-thirds of the screen space with actual content - as opposed to just ~ 25% here.

@Community member​ "do you see the cca one-minute "rolling balls" on top of the STM32 forum?"

Yes.

:\

https://community.st.com/s/feed/0D53W00001ExrOoSAJ

EDIT

Sometime even two sets of "rolling balls":

0693W00000HneH8QAJ.png

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

The 'Community Help' section is full of posts like this:

0693W00000HneAqQAJ.png0693W00000HneB5QAJ.png 

Can you really not move these - rather than leave them cluttering-up the 'Community Help', and acting as a honeypot for other such posts?

And, more fundamentally, does this not tell you that the signposting of where to ask questions is really bad?

Can you please hide the Leaderboard panel? It doesn't help anybody while consuming our screen space and our scrolling time. Thank you.