cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB type C not working.

Jeeva
Associate II

I have made my own PCB with STM32F427VIT6 for a project. But if I tried connecting with the cube IDE, I could not connect it through the Type C port, I could only connect it with STlink. Even my laptop doesn't detect the port. Can anyone help debug this issue?

Jeeva_0-1719565471971.png

Jeeva_1-1719565698288.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6
AScha.3
Chief II

What you do (in your program) with the USB ?  host? device ? mode ?

Just "connecting" the pins - will do nothing. (except bootloader/firmware, if boot0 hi.)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I tried uploading the firmware through Type C, but I couldn't so I did it with stlink. my boot0 was high when I tried with type c.

So you/it had : boot0 hi , then (hard) reset ... ? (boot only checked at end of hard reset)

Then you should see it in CubeProgrammer, in dfu mode, to connect . (Might need USB plug out -> in , to let the system check: new device here now.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I did the same., but its not detecting. can you tell me the sequence ?. first I should make the boot0 high then hard set right ?. I the same 

Right. 

1. set boot0 hi . (and keep it hi)

2. reset

3. USB device now "seen" by host -> enumeration (on Win , some "ding dong" ...)

4. in CubeProgrammer now : -> USB setting, should see (find @(refresh , try) ) a new DFU port to connect...

AScha3_0-1719570362784.png

I tried the same but it's not working. is there any chance that if the external oscillator does not work USB C also will not work ?. because my oscillator was wrong I have to replace it with a passive one. in my board, I have an active one. will that cause this issue?