cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target not found error in STM32H743ZI2

suhfi
Associate II

i am using nucleo-144, H743ZI2 board. while i am uploading code in the stm32cubeide i am getting error as "target not found". i have searched in the community and then tried connect the boot0 to high, and power the board, connect to cube programmer and erase full chip flash memory. while i do that i am not able to connect board. i am getting an error as: no stm32 target found. i have tried to connect boot 0 to vcc and power it. In the cube programmer i am unable to get the connect. and i have gone through the user manual of the board h743zi2 board, but there also i received the same answer. when i connect or power the board, we get the firmware right, i am getting mbed, details and failed also. in the fail text document i have "The interface firmware FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU". what should i do? I want to upload the new code and will it be possible to erase the old code.

27 REPLIES 27

how much exactly i should get ?

VDD_MCU ~ 3.3V

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

okay, but what could be the reason for the board to burn out or something when i just tried to upload the code ?
and i have another board with me, and i checked for that one. i got around 2.5 volts which might be near to 3.3volts and while uploading the code, i am getting the same problem as stm32 target not found. and in cube programmer also i am unable to connect it. is this board working. how can i troubleshoot it?
thank you for your patience and understanding my problem.

suhfi
Associate II

Hello SofLit, I borrowed a new board and i am getting 3.2 volts. but the issue is the same. for the photos you can refer to the initial message of this chat. quick response will be much appreciated. it is so frustrating to see the new board with same problem. could you please suggest some troubleshoots.

Inability to connect after code has been loaded is indicative of incorrect SMPS / LDO settings, check you're using LDO on the NUCLEO-H743ZI2, check also VOS and PLL settings are within scope. Check the MCO/HSE source options on ST-LINK/V3,how that correlates to HSE_VALUE and PLL gearing.

Watch usage/interference of PA13/PA14

The method to fix the SMPS/LDO issue is to strap BOOT0 to VDD (HIGH) and cycle the power completely a couple of time until you can connect and delete user code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

For STM32H743 (Single core line) the SMPS is not available. Only LDO is available. So I don't think it's an issue of power config.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@suhfi wrote:

i am getting 3.2 volts. .

How? did you measure it? and where?
Check also your cable. Use another one, of sure a data cable.

Try with another PC if you have one. 

Indeed, but we're three pages deep in to this nonsense.

One would need to be spectacularly unlucky to get a broken board fresh out of the box.

Other things are going on here, perhaps things plugged into board, in conductive foam, or on a conductive surface.

For USB HS, a suitably rated cable too, marked as 480 mbps capable, so likely thick, shielded, and twisted-pair.

Watch for Docking Stations and USB Hubs