cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Optimized Resolution" options in CUBE ADC

VO
Associate II

I noticed some options in the CUBE IDE for my H745's ADCs labelled "ADC 12-bit optimized resolution" and likewise for 14 bits. I have searched the references and the internet and find no explanation of how "optimized resolution" differs from the regular resolution. Does anyone know what this means, and where it is documented? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @VO ,

Please refer to this AN2834 Application note, which help on how to optimize the ADC accuracy in the STM32 MCUs.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
VO
Associate II

Thank you for the response, Imen. I am well familiar with that app note, and I assume you refer to the tables in section 4.2 which deal with minimum required sampling times, but it is not obvious what selecting "ADC 12-bit optimized resolution" in the IDE does differently from simply selecting "ADC 12-bit resolution". I see nothing that changes when I do so, and wonder what, *specifically*, those "optimized" flags in the CUBE provide? Is something in the clock or sampling cycle count adjusted to meet some minimum criteria? Maybe it is the case that this only happens if my present "non-optimized" resolution does not already meet the minimum requirements? There is just no documentation to guide us here. Thank you for any additional insight you may provide.