cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop working when I unplug the JTAG port

bvale.2
Associate II

Hi

I created my own board with a STM32F411RE microcontroller. I can program it normally with a ST-Link v2 probe, the program works correctly.

But from time to time when I disconnect this probe the board stops working. Can someone explain me why?

On my card I have a SSD1306 screen, which when I start the card without the JTAG probe either it does not turn on, or it turns on but with the writing reversed.

Thank you for your answer.

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Do you have a decoupling cap on NRST? Probably just noise introduced when you disconnect signals in a random manner.

It sounds like the SSD1306 might need some time to boot up before you interface with it. Try adding a delay before doing any access.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

State of BOOTx pins?

Sufficient time for the OLED to reset and be viable?

Pins and Clocks enabled?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I have a decouping cap (of 100nF) just next to the push button. Should I put it closer to the microcontroller pin?

The BOOT0 is connect to the GND with 10k resistor.

I will try to put a longer time before the initialization of the screen.

I activate HSE and I have a oscilattor which should work at 8MHz, but I haven't taken the time to check it yet. 

Technically, yes, it should be closer to the MCU, but I doubt that is the issue.

Put a scope on NRST/VDD and see what's occurring.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".