cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G0 USBCPD: Target communication/configuration via STM32CubeMonitor-UCPD

Franz.1
Associate II

This is kind of a follow-up post, but a totally different topic than yesterday.

So, after following the video step by step for a USBCPD sink "project with a custom board" (video minute 13:04)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdFHmMOMwk

I was successful is the sense that "STM32CubeMonitor for USB Type-C PD" does indeed recognise my custom board based on the STM32G0B1CBT6. I can connect and see that there is a explicit contract for a fixed 5V.

However, despite reading through different USBCPD related documents, I am not really sure which kind of functionality the demo / the full stack from ST provides and what is left to the user. For example: after connecting the CubeMonitor to the board, I am not able to send any Messages to the board or do any configuration. No matter which mesage I seelct from the "Message Selector" Tab or the "Port Communication", I always get "Message rejected for this port configuration". Not even the ping mesage is working. Is this to be expected? I somehow expected that the Messages that are exposed in the GUI and the settings that one can do in the "Port Communication/ Configuration" are already "built-into" the stack?

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0