cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with STM32WB5MMG

GMeta.1
Associate II

Hi

I am having trouble doing anything useful with the STM32WB5MMG discovery board using version 1.16.0 (Windows) of STM32CubeIDE. I started off with a new application based on the this above board and I don't see anything useful related to the devices that on the board such as the RGB LED, TOF sensor etc? If I created a template APP for this board, surely it should all be configured already?

Other things don't seem to be correct either such as I2C3 which I believe is the main bus used for some of the external devices such as the accelerometer etc doesn't seem to be enabled when I run up the .ioc file and look at the configuration. Also here (in what was cubemx) I can see some other potential useful extra software components (which I guess have come from the SDK specific to this board) such as TOF and DISPLAY. The TOF component I can add but I'm not sure whether it is working because I haven't been able to verify any debug output. There is a virtual COM port on my PC but I don't see anything in a terminal window so presumably there's some configuration missing.

I don't see any code related to the accelerometer, gyro, RGB LED, TOF, touch switch? It's almost as though the project is only configured for the MCU and nothing specific to the dev board?

There is a BSP example in the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.20.0 package that I manually downloaded and I can build that OK, so maybe this is a better place to start, but the code is all specific to this application, there are no drivers for things like the RGB LED or accelerometer. There is also no .ioc file for this project so I don't know how to add more software components to it such as XCUBE-TOF1 (I have bought a VL53L8A1A TOF Nucleo board to test the 8x8 TOF sensor).

I've also tried installing the XCUDE-DISPLAY pack as I hoped this might contain something useful related to the 128x64 OLED that is on the discovery board but this pack only seems to be compatible with older versions of the IDE.

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @GMeta.1 

For our STM32WB DK board. All features that are embedded on the board can be configured and enabled for any project. You can follow the same instructions as on the BSP example. For each component you will find the files that contain all necessary functions to configure your application. For the fact that this project does not have a .ioc file, some of our project are not generated based on a CubeMX Configurations.

I suggest you start your configuration from the existant example and do the necessary changes to obtein what you are loking for. We are Always here to help you if you need. Just create a new post for your request with a good description. The community members will try to help. 

Hope you enjoy your project with ST products.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.