cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMf030 USART

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on April 05, 2014 at 10:39

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
25 REPLIES 25
Posted on April 07, 2014 at 16:07

Try GPIO_AF_0 for PB6/PB7

Good call laurent

Something that would have been caught by observing the pin, and reviewing the manual for the part.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 07, 2014 at 16:16

0690X00000605UqQAI.png

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/datasheet/DM00088500.pdf

stm322399
Senior
Posted on April 07, 2014 at 16:46

It happened to me so many times ... 😉

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 07:58

HI

Thanks for your support . To check I have implemented the code in the same board for stm32f030R8t6.connect by wire PB6 tx and p7 as rx in stm32f030r8t6. I get to know that data is getting transmitted . but RXNE bit is never getting set. I write the glowing LED line to check whether it is entering or not but it's not . So the problem is in RXNE bit.what may be the problem.
sanjib
Associate III
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 08:03

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the provided URL to read the original post. https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I6lZ&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000buu%2FZ4lxIcH3GuxGT21U3KIv_dTgeNiBkr8CvlrTXV3.9uU&asPdf=false
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 08:31

Have you observed any of the signals with a scope?

What if you generate a serial stream from somewhere else, and feed it into the USART1_RX (PB7)? Does it receive then? What if you create a small receive only test app? How about toggling PB7 as a GPIO, and confirming you're looking at the right pin?

You could do things more effectively with the LEDs
sanjib
Associate III
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 09:38

sorry clive the data is not sending too . I have checked witg the help of hyper terminal(docklight) connected with the PC .. It is not sending  in the hyperterminal . but I am not getting in the main in the below line

while ((uart1TxIndex < BufferSize) && (uart1RxIndex < BufferSize));

then why the uart1Index is getting increment 7 in this case as AAAAAAA data i am sending.

Really I am not understanding where the configuration got wrong really?
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 09:39

Note, that das.sanjib attempts to use the halfduplex mode (at least that was the case initially, I don't follow).

JW

Posted on April 08, 2014 at 09:42

Note, that das.sanjib attempts to use the halfduplex mode.

In the last iteration not so much..

Posted on April 08, 2014 at 09:46

sorry clive the data is not sending too . I have checked witg the help of hyper terminal(docklight) connected with the PC .. It is not sending  in the hyperterminal

What about looking at the signals with a SCOPE, your project involves signal analysis, you've got to have a SCOPE, USE IT!!!

If USART still doesn't seem to work go back to first principles, I've posted a bunch of USART example code.