cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U575 debug access

Alexmouse
Senior

I've built a new prototype using the STM32U575C, and provisioned two program/debug connectors, a fine pitch Samtec header and 0,1" pitch six pin header, I've used both before on STM32F4.

I've tried accessing the processor using both headers, an STLINK-V3SET and and old F4 Nucleo.

Neither can access the processor.

Is there something fundamentally different in the U5 parts that I've missed?

I've attached the schematic of my processor sheet.

18 REPLIES 18

Check reset state and how sw you use?

I need to scope the SWD lines, I've buzzed them thuogh to verify correct connectivity.

I was hoping to start with Blinky using CubeIDE, but I'd be happy if STLINK can just interrogate the processor.

@Alexmouse wrote:

but I'd be happy if STLINK can just interrogate the processor.

i ask how sw you use for this. For new MCUs you require new firmware in STLink and good is not obsolete STLinkUtility, but CubeProgrammer.

Alexmouse
Senior

I've scoped the NRST, SWCLK & SWDIO lines on the six pin header whilst the STLINK-V3 talks to the Samtec header. I know these pins are connected to the chip. I'm not sure what I should be seeing, but at least these lines are active.

I had updated my STLINK-V3 in the STLINK utility.

However, installing Cube Programmer, and updating STLINK again, it seems I can talk to the processor without problems.

A massive relief, but unexpected.

When was STM32U5 handling added to Stlink?

@Uwe Bonnes wrote:

When was STM32U5 handling added to Stlink?

It probably never was nor will be.  Hasn't the ST-LINK utility (STSW-LINK004) been obsolete and deprecated for quite a while?

To be fair the ST-LINK page on the website does say "Recommended replacement product: STM32CubeProg"

@Alexmouse wrote:

To be fair the ST-LINK page on the website does say "Recommended replacement product: STM32CubeProg"

Not to mention the "NRND" at the top of the page.