cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743I-EVAL2 not working with IAP_Main serial from H7 Cube examples.

STM32 User
Associate II

I am having trouble getting the Serial IAP to work with the STM32H743I-EVAL2 board.

It loads and compiles fine and seems to get into the correct serial string transmit loop when pushing the tamper button on start up. But I can not get any serial communication to send. I have placed a scope on the output pin and there is no serial sending. I can see serial on the RX when sent from my computer.

I have made a test project use STMcube turning on just the serial pins and sending an array of bytes out using HAL_UART_Transmit ( &huart1, data, 10, 1000); and this works.

Is this compatible with the EVAL2 board? Do I need to change anything?

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Applications/IAP/IAP_Main

5 REPLIES 5

Isn't there a switch or jumper on this board mapping the UART between the RS232 and ST-LINK VCP ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Two jumpers. JP7 for TX and JP8 for RX.

I am able to get serial out using a different code but when I use the provided example it.

Does ST-LINK VCP connect it to the flash in some way?

Don't recall. Application Note AN2606 describes the pin(s) used by the ROM based System Loader that implements the "ISP" type programming of a blank device.

The IAP example uses USART1 PB14/PB15 (same on EVAL, and EVAL2)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
avulas76
Associate II

Are we able to get a resolution on this issue, I am using the  STM32H743I-EVAL2, and by using the IAP_Main, not getting the USART1 menu information in a serial monitor on pressing "Tamper".

Where a simple UART_Printf application is able to get data through the serial port. This tells me the serial port jumpers and board to my PC connection and serial monitor programs working fine.