cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H735 ADC3_INP16 Issue

dsurrett
Associate II

The data sheet for the STM32H735 (DS13312) lists "ADC3_INP16" as an additional function for PH5, and this function is also available for selection in both STM32Cube IDE and STM32CubeMX.

However, in looking at the STM32H735 reference manual (RM0468) , the ADC3 connectivity figure (29.4.4 Figure 231) does not list ADC3_INP16.

ADC3 has 19 total inputs (external inputs 0..15 and 3 internal inputs for vbat, vsense, and vrefinit),

What is the purpose of ADC3_INP16 as an additional function on this pin?  It seems unlikely that the IDE and data sheet both contain this same error, but in reading the documentation I cannot understand what the purpose of using the pin for this function would be.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @dsurrett ,

The documentation issue is fixed in DS13312 Rev 4.

Edit: The STM32CubeMx is solved in STM32CubeMX 6.11.0.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

I would bet it's a typo in the datasheet that the CubeMX programmers just followed.

It's also in the STM32H743 datasheet, but isn't selectable in CubeMX for that chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @dsurrett and welcome to the community 🙂,

Thank you for bringing these issue to our attention.

I confirm this confusion  and I will check internally.

@TDK Could you please precise which STM32h743 package that had a contradiction between the STM32CubeMX tools and the datasheet? Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @dsurrett ,

The ADC3_INP16 not connected to PH5. 

The datasheet and the STM32CubeMX are wrong.

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number for documentation update: 159618(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Internal ticket number for STM32CubeMX update: 159625(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

I just googled "stm32h743 datasheet" and clicked the first link. Not sure which package, probably all of them that PH5 is present on.

TDK_0-1692624344601.png

https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32h743vi.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi @TDK ,

Thank you for this detail.

I checked TFBGA240 +25, LQFP208, LQFP176, UFBGA176+25 and UFBGA169 packages for STM32H743 and I don't found any contradiction between RM0433, datasheet and STM32CubeMX for ADC3_INP16.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

Hmm, I can't find it anymore. I remember clicking on a BGA package at random. Probably I misread something.

I was under the impression that the H743 didn't have an ADC3_INP16 either, but it does. So ignore me here. Sorry for the noise.

@KDJEM.1 thank you for confirming!

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @dsurrett ,

The documentation issue is fixed in DS13312 Rev 4.

Edit: The STM32CubeMx is solved in STM32CubeMX 6.11.0.

Kaouthar