cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 OCTOSPI mode Hyperbus, HyperRam access and Delay Block Configuration (LNGF doesn't get set)

CBecc.1
Associate II

Hi All,

I'm working on a STM32H7 custom board and I'm trying to access a Cypress S70KL HyperRam through the Hyperbus protocol using the OCTOSPI1.

I'm able to access in read/write the HyperRam but I want to use the delay block therefore in CubeMx I enabled the DelayBlock stuff.

The generated code snippet is:

hospi1.Init.DelayBlockBypass = HAL_OSPI_DELAY_BLOCK_USED;

The low level driver is generated by the CubeMX and the stm32h7xx_ll_delayblock.c has those three functions:

• DelayBlock_Enable
  • DelayBlock_Disable
  • DelayBlock_Configure

DelayBlock_Enable or Configure functions never get called in any code related to the octospi.

According tho the H7 manual Delay Block section, it seems that the Enable function must be called to tune the delay block and actually enable it.

Therefore I tried to call DelayBlock_Enable after configuring the Memory Mapped access to the HyperRam but I get a timeout after one iteration because the LNGF flag is not set.

I suppose that even if I enabled the delay block in CubeMX (the code snippet above is used only to set the DLYBYP bit in the OCTOSPI_DCR1 register to take the sampling clock from the delay block) probably I'm not really using it because it has never been tuned and enabled.

Am I wrong?

I didn't find any example for my platform on how to tune the delay block for HyperRam in HyperBus mode.

I did find only one example on H7 (OSPI_HyperRAM_MemoryMapped) that claims to use the Delay Block but the Enable function is never called.

Is that correct? That function in this case doesn't need to be called?

Eventually that is not what is stated in the manual...

Can someone give a hint on the basic steps needed to configure the delay block for the octospi peripheral in hyperbus mode?

Thanks for your help.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi,

You could refer to attached file for STM32H72... and APMemory OPI

Thanks

Alex

and also