Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues after converting to c++

jhanc.11
Senior

1 REPLY 1
jhanc.11
Senior

I've been working on this project building and testing functionality and needed to bring in som c++ code. I've converted projects before but like an idiot, I didn't back it up before hitting the button.

1) The first issue was that all the includes were dropped (e.g. couldn't find stm32xx_hal.h) I was able to correct that by adding them back in within the project settings. I tried restoring project defaults without luck.

2) Once I have the builder finding the files, now I noticed all the areas where c++ should be included are gray meaning the __cplusplus directive isn't set. Where is that set?

3) The next problem is all the standard integer defines are missing (e.g. uint32_t, uint16_t). How can I correct this the way the system should?

I don't plan to ever regen this in cube, I'd just like to get back to were I was with c++ support so I can add all my classes. This code has a bunch of interrupts, etc, I have all the source so I could recreate it, and try to convert it to c++ but I really don't want to spend a day doing it now that I have the usarts, i2c, working, spi, LCD, all kinds of difficult subsystems.

Thanks