cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 CM4 ADC/DMA Issues

MBand.3
Associate III

I'm attempting to bring up a project on a Nucleo-H755 board using only the CM4 core (the CM7's boot is disabled). I have proved out that the ADC works as expected with polling and interrupts, but I can't get DMAs to function.

I found and reviewed the H7 DMA issues knowledgebase issue, but I don't believe this is relevant as I am not using the CM7 core and I have confirmed that the DMA target buffer is in D2 SRAM. I have ensured that `MX_DMA_Init` is called before `MX_ADC_Init` as suggested elsewhere, and I have reviewed myriad examples for other STM32 parts, all of which match what I'm trying to do, with no success.

I've removed the M7/M4 interlock, as I'm only booting the M4, and I have moved the `SystemClock_Config` function from the CM7 main.c to the CM4. 

I've attached both my main.c and .ioc file here, but the general flow of the program is:

uint32_t result = 0xFFFFFFFF;
uint32_t adc_buf[2];
void HAL_ADC_ConvCpltCallback(ADC_HandleTypeDef *hadc) {
	result -= 1;
}

int main(void)
{
  /* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */
  HAL_Init();
  SystemClock_Config();

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */
  MX_GPIO_Init();
  MX_DMA_Init();
  MX_ADC1_Init();

HAL_ADCEx_Calibration_Start(&hadc1, ADC_CALIB_OFFSET, LL_ADC_SINGLE_ENDED);
  HAL_Delay(10);

while (1)
  {
	  HAL_ADC_Start_DMA(&hadc1, adc_buf, 1);
	  HAL_Delay(1);
  }
}

I never see `HAL_ADC_ConvCpltCallback` called, and the data in `adc_buf` never changes.

I'd appreciate any help - I imagine I'm missing something simple, but I've run out of ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MBand.3
Associate III

A coworker helped me suss out the missing setting: The "Conversion Data Management Mode" setting needs to be in one of the DMA modes - in this case, DMA One Shot Mode. This properly enables the triggers the interrupts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MBand.3
Associate III

A coworker helped me suss out the missing setting: The "Conversion Data Management Mode" setting needs to be in one of the DMA modes - in this case, DMA One Shot Mode. This properly enables the triggers the interrupts.