cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G4 Timer Update Triggered ADC Conversions Issue

BG1
Senior

Hi ;

I'm trying to configure the ADC1 and ADC2 modules to get them triggered via tim1_trgo2 for a dual simultaneous regular conversion start but no success until now .

Before I tried to do this I verified that I can succesfully trigger these modules over a software trigger using the master module's 'ADSTART' bit and get the results .

Here is the configuration scheme ;

ADC1 is configured to convert only 1 channel (ADC1_IN1) , ADC2 is also configured to convert one channel (ADC2_IN2) , both channels 'Regular channel sequence length' is set to 0 , and as known both channels are a fast ADC channel not one of those slow ones so the conversion durations are equal

Both channel is configured to convert at hardware oversampler mode , 128 conversions and shifting the result by 7 , ROVSE is enabled.

ADC clock is selected as 'System clock selected as ADC1/2 clock' from the RCC_CCIPR . ADC_CCR , CKMODE is set to '00' (Asynchronous Clock Mode) and the prescaler is et to 6 using ADC_CCR_PRESC bits.

According to the scheme I explained above everything works fine using ADSTART bit of the master .

But when I add the code

EXTSEL = 10 (tim1_trgo2 is interconnected on the line '10' for ADC1/2 Regular Conversions),

EXTEN=1 (Rising edge) to both ADC1 and ADC2

with

TIM1 , CR2 , MMS2= [0010]

Update - the update event is selected as trigger output (tim_trgo2). For instance, a

master timer can then be used as a prescaler for a slave timer.

My ADC modules don't get triggered at all ... I almost read the entire datasheet with the ERRATA sheet but can't find a way to make it work . Timer is also enabled and periodic timer interrupt is observed via a scope on a pin toggle. (So we know that an update event occurs)

A help would be so appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> According to the scheme I explained above everything works fine using ADSTART bit of the master .

You still need to set ADSTART with external trigger, see Conversion on external trigger and trigger polarity (EXTSEL, EXTEN,JEXTSEL, JEXTEN) subchapter of ADC chapter in RM.

JW

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BG1
Senior

Any comment also would be appreciated 🙂

> According to the scheme I explained above everything works fine using ADSTART bit of the master .

You still need to set ADSTART with external trigger, see Conversion on external trigger and trigger polarity (EXTSEL, EXTEN,JEXTSEL, JEXTEN) subchapter of ADC chapter in RM.

JW

Hello Jan , thanks for your response , It triggers only once then ADSTART bit resets , do you have any idea why it doesn't stay set (I mean ADSTART=1)

I think the issue was all about the ADC Common DMACFG Circular mode bit 🙂 thanks