cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing GPIO ASCR register in the reference manual

Kevlar700
Associate III

Is the GPIO ASCR register purposefully left out of the register section of the reference manual for STM32L4+ series?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Community memberhadwick​ ,

Thank you for your post. 

Your issue is tracked internally (ticket number: 122878) for check and take the necessary action.

PS: Ticket number 122878, this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Only STM32L475xx/476xx/486xx have GPIO_ASCR.

JW

Kevlar700
Associate III

Are you sure?

In that case the STM32L4R9 SVD file is incorrect. Though it has a few other bugs as well.

Is 1.8 the latest version available or what do you use internally, if not svd?

GPIOA->H ASCR register also shows up in the STM32 Cube IDE peripheral registers view on the STM32L4R9AI

You made me unsure, so I had to look up my own writeup and it indeed contains link to the source, this ST presentation.

JW

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ , can you please have a look at this issue? Either that presentation lies, or, as @Community memberhadwick​  said above, the SVD files are incorrect.

Kevlar700
Associate III

TIM16 OR1 also seems to be a bit short in the C code and SVD as well. Either that or the many remapping options in the ref manual (TI1_RMP) do not exist (hard to believe)?

Shall I post my svd file with fixes to 1.9? (The ST Cube IDE debugger uses v1.9 that is not on the website).

Kevlar700
Associate III

Should I raise this with support? @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Hello @Community memberhadwick​ ,

Thank you for your post. 

Your issue is tracked internally (ticket number: 122878) for check and take the necessary action.

PS: Ticket number 122878, this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank You

Here is my 1.9 SVD with changes that I believe to be fixes, in case it is useful

Kevlar700
Associate III

The power control registers are also incorrect! Perhaps a full audit is required @Imen DAHMEN​ ?

Can you please be more specific?

Thanks,

JW