cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI OTA7290 info to run with STM DSI host request.

MM..1
Chief II

Have anybody info about this display controllers? We try run one with U599 , but still have issue start valid image.

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

@Amel NASRI @GaetanGodart nobody info ?

Ok, so lack of responses suggests you should provide more data/context. Like what display size are you working with.

The STM32 isn't going to sustain FHD displays, the bandwidth ceiling for 2-lane is about 1.1 - 1.2 Mpixel

What make/model of panel are you using?

What code or progress have you made to this point? I don't expect STMicro to generate drivers for anything that's not in their existing pool of hardware, ie DISCO, EVAL, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Wide LCD 7 inch 280x1424 px

Any working examples for ANY platforms.

The timing and register settings ported to STM32?

Within 4096x2048 HxW totals 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @MM..1 ,

What is the pixel clock frequency you used?

Please refer to AN4860 precisely section 7 DSI host performance and check the maximum pixel clock frequency depending on color coding and DSI link speed.  

KDJEM1_2-1727873277052.png

May  AN4861 can help you.

Are you used video mode or command mode?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

We test 40MHZ for around 45Hz framerate on this resolution and 960Mbit data speed 24bit video burst mode.

We ask for solve quick when somebody have this controller run with STM. But yes is on edge 1Gbit capacity. We plan switch to 16bit and make more tests. Any info is invited.

Hello @MM..1 ,

Unfortunately I have never heard of OTA7290, all my knowledge of it is google search :face_without_mouth:

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)