cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUs: We want your knowledge base suggestions!

Laurids_PETERSEN
Community manager
Community manager

Dear community members,

We invite you to provide your suggestions for knowledge base articles in this thread. We strive to create articles that can assist or inspire you in the best possible way.
Anything goes, the only condition is that it is related to STM32 MCUs.
Simply create a comment in this thread or send me a private message if you are more comfortable with that. If you are interested in suggestions that other members have made, please use the “kudos” button. This helps us identify the most popular requests.

The following guidelines can help you think of suggestions that provide value to you or others:

• Implementing a new hardware or software functionality in your design/project

• Best practice guidelines for specific products in various scenarios to improve efficiency

• Explanations/guides on frequently asked questions that could provide benefit to all community members

We will review your suggestions and send a PM if any further information is required to avoid bloating this thread. This thread is active until the end of February 2024. Should you discover this thread after February 2024 and you have a suggestion you are always welcome to send me a PM.

Best regards,
Laurids

16 REPLIES 16

@STOne-32,

> we can give you the opportunity to flag a thread as a “KB Idea” with a label

A cheap and quick way to do this is to create a user - e.g. "KB Idea" - and then we can simply @-invoke that user.

JW

>>We are  seeing that current KB are very appreciated by our customers..

Without doubt, a solid presentation of material has significant benefit. For most the DS / RM just make most people's eye glaze over, some the more tailored material is something we can all hope people take the time to read and review. Still I think that's getting to be a bit of an uphill challenge against diminishing attention spans.

As Jan notes, the work to do this is not insubstantial. And needs to be done by the right individuals with the clear end-to-end understanding of the topic to be presented.

I think KB related to crypto, signing and authentication methods and mechanics would be particularly timely.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

With AI it's the breadth of "knowledge" rather than the depth. Beyond the database it can perhaps make "educated" guesses as to what is and is not probable. Also probably very good at finding patterns and correlations that a single person might have difficulty with.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Laurids_PETERSEN
Community manager
Community manager

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions so far. This definitely plants a seed and creates grounds for a discussion internally regarding future content in the knowledge base. @Pavel A. we are connected with the wiki team, if any content is more appropriate for the wiki then it is directed that way.

There are notable differences between the knowledge base and the wiki, and I like @STOne-32's input regarding a clear definition between the two - this is noted.

@waclawek.jan regarding nominations for future articles, a streamlined feature for this process is on the way and will soon be enabled. I will inform you once it is toggled on, and I do look forward to continuous suggestions. 

Best regards, 
Laurids 

Hi @Laurids_PETERSEN 

> a streamlined feature for this process is on the way

In the last week, I've seen at least 3 threads worth of elaborating into a knowledge base article or even appnote.

As marking of them is nowhere yet, I've already forgotten about them. Times runs fast.

Can we please have the KB-Idea user whom we can @-invoke, meantime? That can be done now.

Thanks,

JW

PS. This one today.

Hi @waclawek.jan

I'm glad to hear that you are already considering posts for the knowledge base, and I'm sorry that a process has not been established yet. 

I understand that tagging would be a workable solution for now. However, a native nomination feature is coming soon. It makes the process more streamlined and visible for all authors. 

As a temporary workaround, I have created the @KB-IDEA user.

Best regards,
Laurids 

Thanks, @Laurids_PETERSEN .

JW